What's for breakfast?

Freelancing

This was always a popular topic and I hope it will be again.

Only the widowed can understand this diet without judging.

Cheetos, cake, ice cream, whatever was available. The kids were relieved I allowed them to eat whatever they wanted in peace. Like myself, they also stared off into to space trying to cope with shock and grief. Gentleness always. Mother Nature always did send us cravings for nutritious food to balance us out.

What are you eating?

I never judge peoples' food habits. I just sold my deli, but for the prior 7 years, at 6:15 (after working for 2 1/2 hours), I was starved - more times than not, ate a tuna or chicken salad bagel, or my fave, a three cheese bagel (melted) with jalapenos and pickles. Or a turkey sandwich. I'll eat more, and whatever appeals, in the morning than any other time of day. Ice cream? Cold pizza? Why not? Marsha

In the first 3 months after my husband died I ate frozen chocolate chip cookie dough for breakfast every morning.  I still lost weight... 

Breakfast was always my favorite meal of the day. When my Kenneth died, I couldn't bear the thought of food. Taking the advice of wiser widows/widowers than I, I would at least eat a banana or drink a protein shake. Twenty-one months later, I am still obsessed with protein shakes, but I often add grits, cereal, oatmeal, a boiled egg, fruit, or other nutritious food item. Generally, I try to make sure that breakfast is something relatively quick and painless to prepare.

Saturdays is my one exception.New Guy and I often go out for breakfast on Saturdays, and I generally go for the unhealthy bacon, pancakes, sausage, biscuits and gravy, omelettes, etc. It's probably a good thing that we generally hit the gym on Saturdays, too. Otherwise, our Saturday morning excursions would seriously destroy my waistline.