Sexy widowed Christmas

RobFTC

Hi folks,

I'm waiting for my teens to get up for our eventual gift opening, and wondering what others are up to.

I have my morning coffee, am wearing brand new cushy socks and my fuzziest warm shirt, and I have a Trailer Park Boys Christmas special on TV.  Nothing but the finest for me! :-)  We have a duck to roast for dinner, and Sarah wants to try her hand at scalloped potatoes and Rebecca wants to do a maple-oat banana bread from the Thug Kitchen cookbook (she likes it especially because of all the cusswords).

Whatever you're up to, I hope this day brings more positive memories than regrets and loss, and that your personal and/or family time is wonderful.

Take care,

Rob T

Christmas music is on the stereo, turkey is in the oven and the house is smelling good, prep for side dishes done.  Kids have helped the past few days polishing silver and setting the table.  Went all out with china, crystal and silver, then only time of year that it's used.  My mom is here playing a card game with the kids, and we're waiting for the rest of the family to arrive. 

I started the day in a red cotton sweater and leggings but it's so warm here that I changed into a short sleeve shift dress - not festive but at least it's comfortable.   

Grateful for blessings, today especially missing him.

Merry Christmas ~

Late here over in the UK. Just finished the two hour Downton Abbey Christmas special. Back in my pyjamas and sleeping in my 16 year old sister's room, in a single bed with a train duvet cover that my brother had when he was 2. I am 29.

I made it through Christmas without any proper tears. I had a discrete cry in the shower for about a minute. It took me a full half hour at least this morning before I thought of my wife. I think this is a positive sign. Grief doesn't rule over Christmas anymore. It's there, but the smiles are aplenty. If you're not there yet, don't worry. Give it time.

Santa was good to me because I made an Amazon wish list and sent it straight to my father. Subtle. I figure I can get away with it as I am a 'child' but am also pulling widow card. I can also get away with drinking champagne at 9.30am which is precisely what I did today. Whole bottle to myself. There's a plus to being single.

Merry Christmas everyone. Be gentle on yourselves. Live. Laugh. Love.

I've been in my pj's all day. My morning started at 9 am when my 8yo daughter woke me up. Then she went on to wake up her two older sisters. We ate breakfast and then opened our gifts.  After lunch my in-laws came over with more gifts. Since they left we've been doing laundry, cleaning,  watching TV, and playing with our new toys. Lazy day!

My brother and his wife came over for dinner. It was the first holiday meal I have cooked since DH passed. I did pretty good. :) Tomorrow is going to be more of a Christmas for me than today was as my guests arrive for the week and through New Years Eve.

PS: The current attire is cookie monster pants and a shirt that says 'Merica.