Valentines Day surprise

widowat33

My youngest, 10 years old, was asking the other day what I wanted for Valentines Day. I told him I didn't want anything.

Sometimes he will walk home from school, a 30 minute walk, so I didn't panic when he didn't get off the bus this afternoon, I was a little concerned though as it was really cold!

My concern grew as the minutes passed, then nearly 45 minutes after dismissal at school he finally walked in the driveway, carrying his backpack an extra backpack with his skates and helmet and a bag from the local pharmacy and another from the grocery store.

He had stopped and with the money his aunt gave him to buy himself something he had bought me a bouquet of flowers with a vase and a bag of Hershey kisses.

I'm not an overly emotional person, but there were definitely tears in my eyes.

I normally don't brag about my kids, and they are certainly not perfect, but just this little gesture tells me I haven't been screwing up too badly as a solo mom! My greatest fear is that these boys of mine won't grow up to be good men because of not having that male influence or dad to guide them.