Still learning how to be a girlfriend, not sure I want to be a wife

Bunny

:o

What is DRC ?

Delayed retirement credit. Retirement benefits increase if not claimed at FRA. Here's some info from ssa.gov.

https://www.ssa.gov/pressoffice/DlyRetCrdtFactSheet.html

This article is less cryptic.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kotlikoff/2015/01/01/social-security-qa-can-i-take-early-survivor-benefits-while-delaying-retirement-benefits/#23221ac46a79

Guest TalksToAngels

Serpico I think you would think much differently if you were closer to 60. You are a younger guy so waiting wouldn't necessarily be in your favor. If I were to marry and it didn't work out too late I just lost my future. I've seen decade long marriages and relationships go down the river in a split second. True lasting love is sometimes very elusive.

I have to protect what's within reach. A stable financial future is nothing I can jeapordize. If someone is into me, they'll have to wait until midnight of my 60th. That's just logic.

Guest TalksToAngels

Thank you solo act !

The financial plan is take it at 60 switch to mine at retirement age not early or deferred.

Apparently you can only make a minimal income otherwise you are penalized, anyway between pension and SS spousal benefits o would make more sitting at home than working.

Maybe I would then have time to take cooking classes ; )

Oh, my! I go away for a few days and come back to a robust conversation going on- how awesome is that?

I do want to thank everyone for contributing their thoughts. In reading the definitions you all are giving of what a marriage means, we're pretty much already married. Thus, my reasons for bothering to make it legal were more on the pragmatic side. Also: I have no religion to appease, no children to consider, no financial loss to worry about.

I mean, I really did love being married. (Well, most of the time!) I just never thought I would ever even consider doing it again. For a whole host of reasons that I'm still untangling in my brain. i honestly can't believe it's a question I'm having to consider once again. Not that I'm complaining- it's a most lovely worry to be having in the grand scheme of things, yes?

Guest TalksToAngels

Just concern that it is supposed to be a rest of a lifetime commitment.

And marriage does change things.

Happy day to you.