Overwhelmed...

SoVerySad

I've just spent the whole night at the ER with my son. This after having been there twice with my daughter in the past week and a half. My son had an episode of some type last evening. His BP and pulse were very high. The ER doc is really puzzled and couldn't give me any answers, so today I will take him to the Ped MD for f/up

workups. My daughter had gone in twice for chest pain, but they're hoping it is just related to her gastric reflux issues. I'm so worried and exhausted. I've barely slept.

My husband and I were supposed to be partners raising these children. I need him here to help, but he's not. This new reality sucks. It sucks that my 17 year old son has so many worries about dying, due to his Dad dying suddenly and the drunk driver who nearly killed us who took away the small progress we had made. And I keep hearing from my MD that I need to reduce my stress.

SVS,

I'm sorry you had a rough night which only seems to compound your challenges.  I understand what stress can do to you.  I had been doing so well taking care of myself until last fall and the stress of the last few months has taken its toll on much of the progress I was making personally.  Work, personal life or lack thereof(LOL) and worrying about the KIDS after what we have been through just wasn't meant to be handled by one person.

Sadly I have no magic answer for you other than I get it and sending virtual hugs.

Oh - I am so sorry. All of that has to be so stressful - on top of every day life. The lack of sleep on top of this can really be so hard as well - and compound the stress/grief. Do you have some support network nearby to help with anything ? - I know its not the same as a spouse but you need some down time for yourself and your stress. I have been in and out of the ER with my 5 year old several times in the past year and I understand how stressful and overwhelming it is alone. Widow hugs to you as well. Please take care....

SVS  So very sorry to hear of your latest challenge  :(  and hope that you get answers soon on what's going on with your son.  You're doing everything that needs to be done right now, it's so not fair that you have to do this on your own.  Sending healing thoughts and virtual hugs to you. 

SVS, I am so sorry to hear about your latest stress.  I hope you are able to get some answers about what is going on with your son, it must be very scary for all of you.  I agree totally that this is a job for 2 parents. I often say that it seems so unfair that the most difficult parenting times in my life have been since I am alone and when I'm at my weakest. 

Big hugs to you and your children.

Thank you all for the hugs and support. I wish I could say the day got better, but it hasn't. They are referring my son to a Pediatric Cardiologist to rule out a possible arrhythmia issue. I wanted to run screaming from the room when the Ped told me, but I managed to keep my cool so as not to worry my son. My husband died suddenly from a cardiac arrhythmia. Six months after his death, I was diagnosed with the same arrhythmia. I have a defibrillator implanted for protection. I was so thankful that we adopted both our children, as we couldn't pass the issue on to them genetically. Now this? Really?

It will likely be at least 2-3 weeks until the appointment. His blood pressure had been much better at the Ped today, but was up again tonight. I'm exhausted, but too worried to sleep now. It really did make me feel better to read your words of support, though, so thanks again.

SVS, I am so sorry to hear this, on top of everything else.  It is too much.  I hope the news is ultimately good about your son and that your daughter is well too. 

I was reading an article today about a 90-something year-old who survived a crazy case of elder abuse (forcibly confined, robbed etc).  Quote from the article:  "Asked what she hopes for in the future, Piela thought about it, then spoke in Ukrainian to fully express herself. Her lawyer gave a rough translation: Maybe one day the sun will shine for me."

SVS, I truly hope the sun shines for you soon.  CG

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/brave-and-courageous-92-year-old-escaped-from-people-she-says-controlled-her-life-with-forged-mandate

Thank you for your replies and hugs. I got some sleep today, so I'm feeling a little clearer in my mind at least. I could hardly think straight. I was hoping my son could see my Cardiology group as it is local and I have established trust in them. He'll turn 18 in August, so I thought maybe they could just see him, but they can't see anyone under 18, something to do with licensing.

Thank you again!