Minor Accomplishments

I'm learning to do things myself that I usually delegated to DH. I know they aren't terribly difficult, but the first time actually performing these tasks successfully have made me want to celebrate a little, and that is a rare feeling these days.

In the last couple weeks, I have:

Put the registration tags on my car myself

Changed the air filter on the A/C unit

Figured out how to turn on and off the automatic sprinkler system

Added oil to my car

Organized the garage and put away the Christmas decorations that have been sitting in boxes in my living room for 3 1/2 months

How about you guys? Any small victories you'd like to celebrate?

• 2 years later...

This post is a bit old, but I just found this site a couple days ago. I am at six months, four days. My wife did the paperwork and mail. I HATE both. Didn't even go to the mailbox. That all changed of course. Except for the occasional letter I needed to deal with, I just stacked it all in the office, unopened.

I just went through six months worth of mail and filed almost all of it. Went and purchased the little blue folders with the two prongy things she liked to use for new items and organized like she would have. It was daunting and exhausting. But, I did it.... Minor, but felt huge to me.......

This post is a bit old, but I just found this site a couple days ago. I am at six months, four days. My wife did the paperwork and mail. I HATE both. Didn't even go to the mailbox. That all changed of course. Except for the occasional letter I needed to deal with, I just stacked it all in the office, unopened.

I just went through six months worth of mail and filed almost all of it. Went and purchased the little blue folders with the two prongy things she liked to use for new items and organized like she would have. It was daunting and exhausting. But, I did it.... Minor, but felt huge to me.......

Congratulations.