marital status - never used to care

Mizpah

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the completely opposite situation Mizpah, so I thought I'd share and maybe it will give insight into what he's thinking and is unable to communicate.

NG and I live together with my kids. He wants to get married. I don't. It's not that I'm not committed to him, I am- but while I may tell people it's just not in my financial best interest to marry him (and it's not for several reasons) it's really that I just can't fathom getting married again. The thought sends me into a panic attack. I now equate being married to being widowed and I am deathly afraid to go through that again. Even though I KNOW that if something happened to NG I would be devastated, for some reason I think as long as we don't get married, he won't die, and I won't have to be sad again.

He's upset that I don't want to get married, it important to him. But being with each other is more important than our legal status to both of us- which I think is where we are different than your situation. He knows that I'm committed to him without the piece of paper (he's a divorcee, not a widower) and it seems that you do not have that confidence in your NG, that he is totally committed to you and your future?