Another piece of him is gone

My DH was a retail store manager in a small local mall.  I was walking in the mall today and I saw the store had closed.  The spot where he had spent so many hours is now vacant.  And I lost it.  Tears streamed down my face.  I couldn't believe it had closed.  And that I would never see his store again.  I haven't gone to that mall much, or been by his store much since he passed.  It always hurt to be there.  But every once in a while I would walk by, hoping beyond hope I would see a glimpse of him.  I knew he wasn't there, but I just missed him so.  It'll be two years at the end of the month, and I just needed to walk by and see his store, see a piece of him.  And now that has been taken as well.  The ironic thing is, I hated that store.  It is a small store, and so he ended up there all the time.  It took him away from me, from our family.  Now, I would give anything to still have it there.  Because that is where he always was.  A piece of him.  I wish I had known.  If I didn't have to pick up my kids, I would have curled up on the floor next to the store. 

Just needed to get that out.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

It is so brutal when you lose a connection to your loved one. I get that. I am at the helm of D's business now, something I never had any interest in,  but it is a connection to him. I hope in a few years I will be ready to sell it because I just can't keep doing it, lucrative as it is.

Also lost D's dog to cancer last week,  which was soul wrenching. The kids and I felt like Boz carried D's energy within him. And now that is gone.

I'm so sorry. Hugs.