Remarried, what do I do with my late husbands things?

I just remarried recently, and still have the bag of clothes my husband died in (from the morgue) and clothing, shoes, random tools, computer parts, airsoft guns etc.. What have you guys done with all the old memorabilia? I don't want to get rid of anything but I also don't know what to with these things. Does anyone know how to reuse or change these items into something new and functional, without them staying buried in a closet?

I didn't save very many of my first husband's things, but he didn't have that much, either.  I have a couple of boxes with clothes, favorite objects, memories, really.  My second husband had a lot more stuff and I think that this summer, which will be 2 1/2 years since he died, I will finally push myself through the sorting process.  In the end, I will save what will amount to memories and box them up and hold onto them.  I don't think I will ever want to let go of everything, at least if I have any control over it. 

Best wishes,

Maureen

I kept a box or two of things I thought important to be given to our children when they want them. Everything else of her's I donated so that others could make good use of them.

Many of her items ended up in good homes in the hands of her friends. 

Guest TooSoon

I gave all of the clothing, shoes, coats, etc. to the men's shelter downtown.  Then I gave all of his tools and art making materials (he was a sculptor) to the art teacher who got his job.  I felt good about the clothing going to the men at the shelter and the art supplies going to the school where he taught; he would have approved.  When I found something I thought my daughter might want, I put it in his dresser.  She likes to go in there every now and then and look at his things. 

I have kids, so I made some of his flannel shirts into teddy bears for them, and put one of his funny ties on each one. They turned out great, but I will say cutting up some of his favorite clothing really brought his death home hard. It was really tough to get through that. But the kids really appreciated them. I scented them with some of his deodorant, so they even smelled like him for awhile.

Clothes I'm very unsure what to do aside from donation.

But items like airsoft guns could be turned it a lamp,or something similar that could be a functional item of use,while remaining a keepsake for memory.

I'm not versed well in airsoft guns,but many hobby items could be turned into something useful & remind you of him while being a functional item in a office...etc....just an idea,look at pintrest..

Screenshot_2016-04-16-21-10-09_1.thumb.jpg.9cad18e0e356c1dcd1fba883751bd9be.jpg