Need your vibes for tomorrow - second job interview

rooshy

I was let go from my job last month (at a facility for kids and adolescents with autism), my boss scapegoated me for her mistakes and unfortunately upper management trusts her.  Anyway, I have a second interview with my former employer's rival competitor and I really, really, really, want the job.  The second interview is tomorrow morning.  I am going to meet the people that I would be working with and the VP likes my background in health insurance and healthcare billing.  My question is:  What do I do?  Should I bring my resume?  I know that I can bring a lot to this new company but I'm just nervous. 

Thanks, Rooshy ;D

Good luck tomorrow Rooshi!!

If it was me I'd bring a copy of my resume and the list of references just in case. Would it help if tonight you wrote down what you can bring to this job and company.  Sometimes getting it on paper helps with clarity and tomorrow before you go in and you're nervous you could just reread your list!!

Hugs 

I just read a "life hack" today that was: when at the end of an interview they ask "do you have any questions" a good one to ask is "is there anything about my application that concerns you"?  I think that is smart - a last chance to explain away anything that might stand in your way.  Now, I've never tried it, so I can't attest to its success rate but thought I'd share it just in case...

Good luck!

Kate

I like that Kate!

Good luck Rooshy.  Definitely bring your resume and don't put down your former employer to your potential employer, that never goes over well.  Practice saying all of the things you can bring to the company, that's something I have trouble doing.

Thanks for your advice because I got the job!  I will be an 'outreach coordinator' working with the autism providers that work the kids in their homes and handling their billing.  I'll have my own office with office supplies!  My last employer took the term 'cheap' to a whole new level and the employees had to buy a lot of their own equipment.  I just need to find an after school sitter for my own autistic son - placed an ad on care.com already - and start April 28th or 29th.  I'm a little anxious but I know that I've got this :D  This place is five minutes away from home and I will have the chance to work from home occasionally.