His uniforms

Momtojandj

Hubby was a Sargent at a corrections facility. For three and a half years, I have moved his uniforms around my room. Refolded and stacked them. Checked the pockets , tried smelling them to see if they still smell like him. I tried once half heartedly to get rid of them. All the shirts have his name on them . I packed them up tonight, 2 huge garbage bags full. A neighbors new husband just started this profession. I asked if he would take them, see if anyone can use them .. The name maybe can be taken off. Any way , it's just uniforms, he hated his job.. I know it sucked so much from him . He counted down all the time till he can retire. So why hang on to them so long. No clue.. Tomorrow they will be gone. Odd feeling letting them go .

my husband was a dpw worker so he had a bunch of uniforms

I kept one of his shirts but they were the first thing I got rid off

he hated his job and a the week before he died he was looking around for another one

but I understand why it is so hard to do , it was a part of their life

and we saw them in those uniforms almost everyday

hugs to you 

My husband was a K9 officer. I took the patches off of all of his uniform shirts except for one. His 'dress blues' with all of his pins and badge still on in his very articulate way. The patches are going to be used on the t-shirt quilts being made for my three daughters.

my love worked construction for 9 years...was always wearing carharrts and hi-vis t-shirts all day except weekends. i have them all in a box - he has a ton of coworkers that are his size and could probably use them but its almost been a year since i've left them folded nicely in a topless box next to my bed. i used to smell his old black baseball cap every day for a long time, never wanting the smell to fade.

the rest of his clothes are still in his dresser where he left them..so many mixed emotions, but i know i need to get rid of it all. i always slept in his shirts so i'll be keeping a few...it is definitely an odd feeling.

melani

My nieces and nephews always remember DH in his work uniform.  I found a lady who made teddy bears out of the shirts for each of the kids for Christmas.  All except the oldest (boy 17) I had her make a pillow for him. 

They each had their names embroidered on the foot along with his ont he other foot.