An interesting weekend

klim

I had crazy weekend,

I'm newly single after one post widow relationship went sideways.....so started doing some meetup stuff again and connected with a few ladies.

So Friday  I go to meetup volleyball and the apres ,nice group including some of these ladies I know. Near the end one of the guys suggest we should all get together and socialize Saturday...whose in? I'm thinking hey I'm here to meet people I might as well join in......they're bad at organizing and I am a take charge type person so I pass around my phone and say, if you're interested put your name and number on this scratchpad and I'll get it organized.

Saturday I' have to move my youngest off to university. Also because of my stupidity I'm also organizing a social event for people ,some of whom I just met the night before. So ended up keeping track of 7 peoples opinions on where we should go, had some back and forth exchanges and by 7:00 pm had dropped a son to Uni AND  contacted 10 different people for a social that night. We played pool and it was good.

So Sunday I'd signed up for another meetup (A festival with music).......Alot of the same people from the night before would be there but none of the friendly ladies I usually hang with. One guy offered to drive,so I took him up on it. I must admit I was tired of always being responsible and thought for once I can have 3 beers and not worry about driving...and no son at home if I did come home a little tipsy.

Well I had a blast and got a good, happy, stress relieving, carefree, tipsy going on( probably made it to 4 beer)

...and  then for some reason I got almost instantaneously a a little sadness fly in to my mood and I announced "my husband is  f..ing dead! "  and teared up. I think it was the stress  of just becoming an empty nestor and socailizing with new people ,  Also many of them  also had been dropping kids off to uni but with the help of both parents( even divorcees seemed to coordinate ,mom packing them up and  dad dropping them off)

When I announce this I was hanging with three guys , 2 that I knew and one that I just met , although none  knew previously of my widow status.. They all surrounded me and gave me tight hugs and I instantly felt foolish for bringing the mood down. They were so sweet though and my mood lifted and the rest of the night was a blast.

Weekend's not over yet though.......Monday is volleyball again ...same crowd....I show up thinking about my weird and yes probably alcohol induced announcement and how awkward that must have made them feel and that I should apologize. So I found time to have a quick chat with each of the guys......

they were amazing, each one of them , separately told me that I should never apologize for having those feelings , that they thought I'm great fun and basically just made me feel good.

I think I found me some guy friends :).

PS not sure why I wanted to share ......maybe for one, I'm a proponent of meetups they have been a godsend for me...and two alot of people here seem to run into DGI's and I wanted to share that there are some great people out there.

This is worth sharing.  Thank you.  I could not stop smiling as I read your post.  This should be an inspiration and motivator for any and all who are considering meet-ups.  So glad you are making both guy and gal friends. 

You have my vote for "SuperHero of Labor Day Week-end".