4years and life is confusing

klim

Today is 4 years and I can be sad but rareley go there. I'm a happy person...that's who I am. What I struggle with mostly is not happy or sad but I used to know  my life plan and ever since that fateful day, life is confusing!

I hate confusing,

Klim, I'm at 4 1/2 years.

I'm not sure why, but I seem to be ok with not knowing my new life plan. I used to be a planner and needed to know everything way in advance. Now the only planning I need to do is around my kids, their schedules, and how I can get some me time. After that, I'm ok with what that may mean.

I hear different perspectives. Some feel you need to have your wants and goals set ahead and work towards them. Some go with the flow.

I seem to be on the go with the flow group right now and I am ok with that.  I am a generally happy person as well and I think that helps with this.

Hey Klim;

I hear ya, I'm at 2 1/2 years now, and I can't stand this murky future I'm facing.  All the questions that surround every decision I seem to have to make now.   

If I had to put a name to it, I'm actually like momtokam, going with the flow.  But I don't like it, not really, I don't like not knowing where I'll be in a year and a half when the first one goes to university.    What will happen a year and half after that, when I'm left with a 4 bedroom house alone. 

Life is confusing, and it didn't used to be.  I don't like it.

Hey klim, I'm 4 yrs next month and I hear you too.  I just still don't know my life plan either so I'm finding I need to just go with the flow and praying it will come as it may with work on my part. Some days I wonder WTF it's almost 4 yrs.  What have I done?  Oh yeah....survived.  Now it needs to be time to thrive for me, enough is enough.  Big giant hugs.

I feel the same way, Kilm.  I think we all are doing better and have come a long way and then on the other, I feel I haven't come far enough. 

Some of my future I can say looks better but that other part, yikes.

Anyone have any advice to keep on thriving, because I am sure interested.

I hear you - 1 month away from 5 years here. I'm happy (finally) a lot of the time now as is my son. But finding the new path hasn't been easy - and sometimes I reflect and think..."Did this really happen to us?" I don't look ahead much anymore as I used to...and you're right, it is confusing. wishing you all the best,

I used to believe in having a life plan, but every one I've tried has blown up in my face. No option but to go with the flow, choosing the best options the moment provides, however fleeting. I miss even the illusion of stability, control, direction,  planning.  It is so demoralizing. There's no choice but to keep on plugging away, and I have to make the best decisions for my family.

So, yeah, klim, what the hell happened to our lives!?!  :( :-\

Yes go with the flow seems like the only option.

Thanks all for validating my thoughts. It's always nice to know I'm not alone in how I'm dealing with all this.

It' good to know I'm  normal!  lol