Kinda Sorta Anniversary?

Bunny

According to my college journal, I met my boyfriend 31 years ago today. I read him the entry a couple years back, even though it was ridiculously gushy and girlish- very entertaining; he definitely made an impression on my young heart! Sometimes I sit back and think about the fact that we had to meet and briefly be in each other's lives all those years ago in order for us to be together now, so many years later. It's weird.

It must seem weird but how sweet....Its interesting...I know of a number of people this is happened to (widowed, divorced) where they reconnected to an old boyfriend/girlfriend/flame. There must be some extra comfort there that you knew them before vs. meeting a stranger, online dating (and it takes forever to get to know the person). Sigh - there are certain exes that I wish would come back into my life : )

My current DH and I met in 1987.  We weren't bf/gf but had a little thing, my roommate had a big crush on him and I was deciding if I should continue a long distance relationship with someone else so it never was serious.  He then transferred to another college and I never heard from him or about him until 2014 when we found out we lived in the same town (different state than either of us grew up in). 

We are both glad we didn't try to have a relationship then because he was immature and it would've probably ended poorly and I may not have given him a chance all these years later. 

Weird but nice.

Apparently, I am pre-disposed to visiting the past as my husband was also a college fling. (and the star of many journal entries). He was NOT marriage material, though he asked me several times. We were in and out of each other's lives for 11 years before reuniting and eventually marrying. We were opposite in so many ways, but could not deny the incredible bond between us...

As for my bf- both of his grandmothers were widowed in their 80s and remarried to long ago sweethearts, so I suppose it's in his blood also.

I wasn't interested in dating after my husband died so I suppose hanging out as friends with an old fling was probably the only way I'd end up in a relationship. Reading the dating threads on here make me glad I have not had to experience that! (Sorry ;D) makes me feel almost guilty he literally came up onto my porch with no effort from me whatsoever.

The lessons I learned in my marriage do make me a better girlfriend. We had an amazing love that was also deeply flawed. It's made grieving...complicated. Being in a relationship seems to have intensified that. Man, there is just so much I wish I could talk to my husband about, including my bf. Yeah. Weird.