The hamster wheel

RobFTC

Do you ever get the idea that you're just running a big ol' hampster wheel, wondering what it will take for something to change?

I have lots of change I would like to make happen.  Figure out a new path at work.  Pick up (or replace) my guitar.  Actually date someone.

OK, so sometimes you can't get what you want, I get it.  But that's time for growth, right?  That's undetectable at the moment.  If God has a plan, I guess it's a surprise.  BTW, please nobody ever hold a surprise party for me, mmmkay?

Weather is better, and I am getting more exercise.  But my sleep is crappier than it was most of the winter.  Go figure.

Take care,

Rob T

Move over, Rob...I'm on that hamster wheel with you.  I don't know why I can't seem to make any headway towards some changes that I would like to see happen.  I've gotten very good at Scarlett O'Hara-ing -- Tomorrow is another day.    Sigh!

Good analogy.

Yes, I definitely feel as if I'm on a hamster wheel or treadmill or whatever is getting me nowhere I want to go, and fast.

Or, more accurately, painstakingly slowly.

There's a lot of monotony involved in widowhood. All the work of living life remains (plus--bonus!--add to that the work your spouse helped out with that now you are responsible for), but most of the joyful parts of living life have been excised.

I know God has a plan, always does, but His timing does not align with mine.

Baylee

Guest TooSoon

I explained it to adp just the other day as being in between two lives: a life that has been lived, a chapter closed and the "what comes next and how and when do I get there" (or in our case, how do we get there).  It is no small feat to tolerate the humdrum, day after day, working towards something you can't quite see with clarity yet knowing you're in a new place mentally and emotionally.  I know what pieces will be a part of it but how ultimately they will come together into a present life is another question.  It is a liminal, in between place for me:  not grieving yet not satisfied with the status quo and impatient to make a big, irrevocable leap.  And I am sick and bored out of my mind with it; I've been so patient ---- and I want to know when.  I get it.  Hugs.

I sure hope God doesn't have a plan.. the plan he already put in place has screwed me and my kids over worse than I could ever imagine. NO MORE PLANS.. I will make my own. I would rather blindly go day to day than to think that there is another crappy plan waiting for me. All we can do is choose our own paths, and hope we make the right choices and do what is best for us.

It looks like I am in good company, though I would rather be anywhere, than on this hamster wheel, right now.  No matter what I do, though, I just cannot get off the wheel or to even begin making any kind of forward motion, these days.

Here is the irony for me, though.  I have a direction in my life.  New Guy and I have spent several months talking about our future together.  We aren't in any rush, and he hasn't officially proposed (though he has taken me to look at rings and has asked for my ring size), but we know that is the direction we want to go in.  So, this Summer, I am moving to be closer to him. 

This means that I need to prepare for moving, find another place to live, look for another teaching position, pack up my classroom, etc., etc. The problem is, I am so overwhelmed by all this, I cannot even begin to do anything; because I have no idea where to even start, and my "Widda Brain" is going in so many different directions, I cannot even begin to get organized. 

Well at least we are not alone on this wheel. Sometimes though I get lucky and bump this wheel off the track for a little bit. Then someone finds me and puts me back. Round and round... gee I have seen this before and the scenery sucks. 

QUESTION:

I know I have been running on this damn hamster wheel for about 17 months now, so WHY IN THE HELL IS MY BUTT NOT GETTING ANY SMALLER? I wouldn't mind running so much if I got a little pay off.