All moved, new job started, feeling better....

jgib

Well, almost all moved, not all the boxes are unpacked yet.  New job seems good so far.  Back in the little town I grew up in so it is a bit odd.  Working with people that have never moved away and have been at the same work place for 25 years.....a bit twilight zone sometimes....

Besides the extra effort to get along at work, in those sort of circumstances, I am feeling pretty good.  I had not realized how stressed and unhappy I was living in the last place.  I notice it most in my dogs, they are so happy and content, obviously not feeling stress from me anymore.

I hope the good feeling lasts.  I do think I am moving forward even though it is kind of a step back.

Congratulations! 

I, too, moved back to my hometown (about 4 years ago).  What a transition!  I wish I'd been keeping a blog or something.  Twilight zone at times for sure!

Really glad you've found a place with less stress and unhappiness!  Really happy for you!

Moving is more than just the physical aspects.  Good for you on making changes.  I think we get to the point where the status quo just isn't working well enough and we move something.  After losing a spouse, we have to do this without our partners. 

Take care of yourself.  Even positive change is stressful!

Maureen

Made the last trip, with the last of my things.  I had to go through many of DH things which was trying but it had to be done.

Now I am looking forward to planting some flowers and deciding if I want a little veggie garden this year.