It stings

smabify

So my 4 year old asked today when she would be getting a new daddy.  Ouch.  I'm giving her everything I possibly can - all of my attention and emotions, and it's not enough.  *sigh*  Will it ever get easier?

Granted, she asked when we were on the way home from visiting a brand new baby, and the daddy comment was just because she's decided she wants a brother.  But sitll...

It stings...

My daughter was 8 when my husband died and she asked me the same thing. I told her that it will only happen if God wants it to happen for us. Then she says, "Well that will take God a long time because it's hard to find someone as fun as daddy was."

That must hurt...I'm sad when my son tries to play with the other Dads on the playground. Interesting that she is so perceptive to ask about a new daddy. My son is almost 4 but never mentions him...but knows who he is as I show him pics and video and talk about him.

I cant even fathom what it's like to explain these things to such young children. Mine are 16 and 17 and they are all for me dating or even marrying someone else but even at that age, I notice my son gravitating towards father figure men to hang out with instead of other kids his age. Its heartbreaking ....