Staying Connected

Today was a day that was very much about my wife. I started by editing a promotional video for the women?s heart health awareness podcast that is to be launched later this month. The podcast is in honor of my wife and is an opportunity to carry on her legacy. There is a bit of a tribute to her in the video as well. It was fun to pick pictures of her to put on top of the words that had been spoken.

In the afternoon, I had an appointment for a physical with her former doctor. This was actually my first visit as a patient of his. We talked a lot about my wife and laughed about how she kept trying to convince him to sign off on letting her go back to work full time after her open-heart surgery. She refused to quit. After the appointment I went down a couple floors and was able to visit with her surgeon. I wanted to tell him about the podcast. It was interesting to see the sorrow in his eyes a little over a year later. He talked about how upbeat she was in spite of such painful and scary health conditions.

These visits reminded me just how lucky I am to have her as my wife. She was such a lovely and friendly woman who left a lasting positive imprint on everyone she met.

I got the urge to walk along the lake this evening to further connect with her. I put on my headphones and played the playlist I created of songs to think of her. It was a nice evening and a lovely walk. As I listened to ?I Don?t Want to Miss a Thing? by Aerosmith I thought about different times that I just took in the moment of being with her and I could just feel her in my arms. Then came Luther Vandross? ?Here and Now.? This was a song that was sung at our wedding. There were a couple hundred people in attendance that day--mostly our parents? friends--and we were lost in our own little world.

At the end of the walk, I caught myself thinking that I am more in love with my wife than ever.

As I listened to ?I Don?t Want to Miss a Thing? by Aerosmith I thought about different times that I just took in the moment of being with her and I could just feel her in my arms. Then came Luther Vandross? ?Here and Now.? This was a song that was sung at our wedding.

At the end of the walk, I caught myself thinking that I am more in love with my wife than ever.

c8f33ab6f38267c4765af7e7b0cf948c_500.png

Through all eternity to thee

A joyful song I'll raise,

For oh! Eternity is too short

To utter all thy praise.

~~ Joseph Addison

May these beautiful memories continue to be of great comfort to you.

Blessings,

ATJ  :)

Your sweet responses have touched me so deeply. :'( I didn't get to do all that I wanted for her in life. Time was cut short. It is important to me to find ways to continue to act as her husband. I know she felt loved and she loved me so well. And still I strive to prove myself worthy of her. That is why the other day was so enjoyable and I felt so close to her.