The Dark Place

Guest IronBear

Guest IronBear

This has been a bad week. Laurie has been visiting my dreams again and I found a bunch of photos while cleaning that triggered the dark place again. I drank a whole bottle of wine last night while watching Dexter on Netflix, not a good sign.

u86471616_13115e98179g215.jpg

"The leaves of memory seemed to make a mournful rustling in the dark."

~~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Iron Bear,

Memories can be very powerful, and I'm sorry to hear that they have been haunting you. It's strange when people look at us, who are so much further out, and seem to assume that we have become more or less impervious and inured to those triggers. Time, the much touted healer, sometimes can only provide a flimsy Band-Aid that  comes off easily.

Memories are always my Achilles heel, and I try to block them out as much as possible, sad to say. Often I wish I had a magic eraser because once I give into them, it's downhill from there.

"Memory may be a paradise from which we cannot be driven,

it may also be a hell from which we cannot escape."

~~ John Lancaster Spalding

I hope that the dark clouds will part soon and sunlight will break through.

Fotolia_41172939_XS.jpg

Wishing you Peace and Serenity.

ATJ  :)

(((((Iron Bear)))))),

I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling. I'm so glad you shared it here with us. One day at a time right? Hoping you wake in the morning with a little less darkness and a lot more light.

Take care, Bluebird

I am sorry to hear that the grief waves are hitting you.

I agree with A Tout Jamais-oftentimes people look at us like we should kind of be "over it" by now.  The triggers are always there-sometimes just below the surface.  They catch me unexpectedly and it still hurts so deeply.

((((Hugs))))

Pat

((Bear Hugs Barney)) I have been having the same problem. I think ATJ is right. The triggers are right there tearing off the bandaid of time. I know my trigger was the passing of my bil and memorial service on Wednesday. I had to go through the dreaded memorial service box for pictures. Then spend day with the in-laws. I ended up hanging on to one of my husband's buddies I haven't talked to in years. ((Hugs)) holidays Just suck. (Hugs) hoping the haunting dreams leave quickly

Guest IronBear

The veil is starting to lift.

I never talk about this stuff in real life so thanks for letting me here. 

Guest look2thesky

I am experiencing much of the same.

They say don't give up.

I wish I had more strength.

Very bad start to the new year.

Hoping it gets better, for all of us.