Their clothes into pillows

whiteirony

I'm trying to find someone who can make DH's shirts into pillows. I've seen some ideas on FB where the shirts are made to have the sleeves folded in the front with a pocket and a little quote on the corner. I found someone in WI whose company is called Without End but she wants $180 per pillow. I would love one for each of my 3 kids, myself and my mother-in-law and at $180 a piece I'm looking at $1000 with tax.

Is this a reasonable price?? My 7 yr old daughter just asked me last night if I was getting the pillows made (I haven't mentioned it since February which tells me she's thought about it). I did tell her I wasn't sure due to cost and she proceeded to give me her baggie full of change from her recent Easter Egg Hunt ...  :-\

There is a fellow young widow (she used to be on ywbb.org) that doesn't wonderful legacy pillows and quilts.  You can see her work on her website www.creatinggayle.com.  I, myself, had her design a legacy quilt, a legacy pillow for myself (one I could lay my head on), and two accent pillows for my father in law and mother in law.  The quality was wonderful, and in my mind worth the cost.  If you want me to take some pics of the pillows she had created for me, I will gladly share them.

My daughter has a friend who is a home ec teacher. They did the pillows themselves all different shapes there was a book but ut seems to be out of print. Check out pinterest and you tube tutorials. A local seamstress would probably do it inexpensively.

There is a fellow young widow (she used to be on ywbb.org) that doesn't wonderful legacy pillows and quilts.  You can see her work on her website www.creatinggayle.com.  I, myself, had her design a legacy quilt, a legacy pillow for myself (one I could lay my head on), and two accent pillows for my father in law and mother in law.  The quality was wonderful, and in my mind worth the cost.  If you want me to take some pics of the pillows she had created for me, I will gladly share them.

I'm not sure why I didn't think of Gayle sooner. I had the privilege of meeting her over a year ago on my solo trip to FL. I assumed she only worked on quilts and other crafts. I would love some pics of the pillows if you don't mind sharing.

My daughter has a friend who is a home ec teacher. They did the pillows themselves all different shapes there was a book but ut seems to be out of print. Check out pinterest and you tube tutorials. A local seamstress would probably do it inexpensively.

Here are some pics and info about the legacy art Gayle created for me.  So, I actually ordered 4 items, two of which are mine, and one is going to Jeff (his father), and the other to his mother.  Those two items are square 18? pillow cases for accent pillows.  And they are similar to the tshirt quilt.  There is one of his shirts, with a ?theme? around the shirt as an accent.  So, my tshirt quilt had an ocean theme to it.  And I took several pics for you, but the accent quilt material definitely has an ocean feel, as well as an outdoorsy, sand, beachy feel, which is perfect.  And I don?t know if you can see it, but she stitched swirls across the entire quilt, also to give the feel of the ocean waves.  Jon and I loved the beach.  We knew that when the kids got older we would move to the beach.  I can work anywhere, and so could Jon, really. 

The second item I received is a pillow case, for a pillow you would rest your head on.  And she picked a scene/theme for the pillow case.  For me, she decided upon the Love Tree in St. Augustine.  Jon and I were in St. Augustine and kissed underneath the famous tree.  In the zoomed in photo you can see the stitching across the entire pillow kind of like wind blowing.  Every leaf was from one of Jon?s tshirts, and at the opening of the pillow case, are Jon?s ties.  She did a wonderful job.  So beautiful...

Here is the link to the pics. They were too large to upload directly.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/cverd4k3afye5av/AAB9o0O3ywAOfyjdbl_-32-Ea