Nepal earthquake

ieh21

Looking at pictures of the devastation in Kathmandu. Watching a video of the base camp of Everet being wiped by the resulting avalanche. How do people move forward? I survived my own tragedy, but how can they? I had support, a house, the children. They have rubble and an entire city grieving at once. I will send money, but I cannot imagine that it will make an iota of difference to the people grieving right now.

Isn't it awful? I've been praying about it - whole country grieving at once. Incomprehensible.

I've also been thinking about all these people who are living in hope that their loved one is still alive, when the rest of us realise that the chances are they are very much dead and their body may not be found. I saw a facebook post this morning shared by a friend from a girl whose mother is missing and asking for information. How tragic.

I've been praying as well. This is a photo that I took of a wedding parade in Pokhara, Nepal. Cindy & I had so much fun there. Nepal was one of the highlights of our honeymoon. Remembering the wonderful time there. So many great memories. I will be donating as well.

2038946077_d91f9af138_z.jpg

It's hard to fathom the magnitude of the devastation. I don't often mention here how my love died- it was in an avalanche. He was backcountry skiing, one of his passions. Whenever I hear of avalanche deaths my mind goes right back to the day he died. And to try to imagine losing multiple family members and your home...there are no words. I donate regularly to MSF and they're sending aid teams... but the death toll is just overwhelming.