No man left behind

Guest AC

I am still getting PMs from people who have no other way to hear about all that has transpired. The best solution I can think of would be if everyone with the time and/or inclination could go through their early posts and notify any "lone wolf" types and anyone you are not sure about.

Some people won't be back but would like to do their own version of goodbye with the board. Sometimes I have ignored the board and fb for months at a time. If this happened during one of those times I would have missed everything. That would have been quite a blow for me personally.

If this is a bad idea, please let me know. Any other suggestions also would be much appreciated.

AC, have you PM'd the Extreme Caregiving Thread already?  If not, I will do this tonight.  That thread helped me tremendously when I first joined YWBB.

I am almost certain I have not. My methods have been a bit random, but I don't think any of them have landed me on that thread.

OK, I went through two Extreme Caregiver threads tonight, as these are the ones that helped me personally the most.  I PM'd all those not-already-members.  There are just so many threads, and I cannot decide whether to tackle PM'ing the members who signed up in 2003, '04, '05.  Views welcome from the vets - maybe some of you know who is still interested/active. Before the 20th, I think we are going to have to have many members play adopt a thread or divvy up the messaging.  cathyr will help (thank you!)

Canadagirl you rock!!  I do personally think this effort is important. Many members are not into the social networking aspects of the community and I would hate to think they miss the opportunity to do their own form of goodbye with the old board. It would also seem kind and appropriate to extend an invitation to this wonderful new home for the group.

I really do feel a plan would be brilliant in terms of efficiency. For a variety of reasons, I would prefer to take a backseat and let someone else drive the bus. However, if drafted, I will serve.

It seems to me we need a little band of volunteers and a fearless leader to tell them when to jump and how high. A suggested form email might also be a good idea.  I have no idea how far back we should go. Thus far I personally have focused on those who were still posting when I signed on about 4 years ago.

Again, there are lots if jobs to get done in order to make this transition as painless and successful as possible. This one matters a great deal to me personally. I am so grateful to everyone who has been contributing to the effort.

AC, I will try to think of a systemic way to go about it.  Tonight I am working on the Parents thread.  My target is those wids from 2011-2013 because, as I joined in 2014 and have been on here a lot, I have a good sense of who is active from that year and most have made it.  But those from 2011-2013 - not necessarily so much.  So that is where I am going tonight.  I know we are trying to be future forward but  I really have to shake my fist at the YWBB admin who took down the YWBB user/memberlist without giving us the opportunity to send out a mass PM or doing one themselves. 

I have had about 6 replies for about 200 PMs sent in batches of 5 but every single one counts.  I am using a form message now that I will update to include info that board will vanish as of 20 March.

I just want to say "thanks" and encourage you in any way that I can doing this!  I am upset that I cannot offer my time to help you, however with all the care that my dear chicklet needs at this time, it's just not possible for me :( 

Thank you for reaching out though!

I am getting my computer back in a few hours and will be attempting to organize my own personal efforts on this. I know that many of our members have been working hard to get the word to everyone. I also know many people are limited on time and others are quite private. I have one final request for anyone who is comfortable sharing. If you would send me a PM to let me know what has been covered in a systematic way, that would be quite useful. I am trying to strike a balance between reaching everyone and harassing people who already know. Here are some types of things that would be useful if it is easy to let me know.

Ex

1.  I contacted all members who registered after xx/xx/xx

2.  I have a spreadsheet or list of usernames I contacted. Here it is.

3.  I went through the xx threads on the parenting board and contacted everyone who posted to those.

4.  Any other information you think might help me to avoid duplicating efforts or PMing people who already know.

Final note - if you are here already or friends with me on fb or whatever and I message you anyway - sorry. It is simply a brain glitch and nothing more.

Thanks y'all!