I Guess I Belong Here Now

Mac

Thank you for your comments.

Life is good, grateful for that. DD got engaged this weekend. He's a great guy. I really like/get along well with his mom and dad.

I am glad that I have had some experience dating. That experience has been an education and has helped identify what is most important/works the best for me.

This is such a whole new world, especially after being with DW for 28 years. I do believe that going through such a traumatic event as we all have, has the potential to raise us to having a higher appreciation of life and to accentuate our good traits.

Much to be happy about these days...

Guest TooSoon

Happy to hear it, Mac.  I was surprised by the degree to which I came out of all of this knowing with such clarity and certainty what I wanted and needed.  Almost as surprised as I was to find it. 

Above all else, ENJOY!

Happy to hear it, Mac.  I was surprised by the degree to which I came out of all of this knowing with such clarity and certainty what I wanted and needed.  Almost as surprised as I was to find it. 

Above all else, ENJOY!

I've figured out a bunch what I want and need, but some of that is still a discovery process. I do feel so good about so much. Confidence is on overdrive, trusting in the future and having fun. I wasn't one to worry much before about the future, but now I worry even less.

Still after being married and faithful for 27-1/2 years, this does seem slightly surreal at times. What an unexpected and fun place I find myself in. Along with that, I still sometimes find it strange to realize that I am the only parent that my children have to talk to.

Feeling grateful for much. The life I had with DW. Surviving and thriving after getting though my grief. My enhanced appreciation of life. Having a kind and fun woman in my life. And I am quite curious to see what the future holds.