Movers are here now. I had to excuse myself once to gather myself but now am feeling better. I suspect I will have a good cry in the drive to the new place. All of everyone's kind words mean the world to me as this has been a sanity test for sure. 

Movers are here now. I had to excuse myself once to gather myself but now am feeling better. I suspect I will have a good cry in the drive to the new place. 

(((Jess)))

I know, this is so difficult! It takes determination and courage, but step by step you are inching forward. And it's OK to cry! This is a significant move which takes you toward your new life.

"All changes, even the most longed for,

have their melancholy.

For what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves.

We must die to one life before we can enter another."

~~ Anatole France

il_570xn-534907563_1wgs.jpg

Wishing you Comfort, Sunshine and Happiness!

My thoughts are with you all the way!!

Welcome Home (((HUGS)))

ATJ :)

1. I will not be trying to make decisions on Joe's things. I am simply packing it and will put it in one of the spare bedrooms to go through things at my own pace.

2. For the first time, I am hiring movers. I have always done moves myself or gotten friends to help, but professionals sound like the better option this time around.

I will update more when I am settled in at the new place!

I have moved a few times since he died and this is exactly what I did.  I moved boxes of his stuff with me and when ready would "release" them as I saw fit.  I'm now in the fifth location (I buy, fix up and sell) since he died and I am down to one rubbermaid bin!    Moving is stressful enough, you do not need the added emotional stress of seeing all of his things and making decisions about them.  As far as hiring movers, I have found that by the time I rented a truck,  paid the mileage fees,  paid a couple young boys and enlisted friends it was actually cheaper to hire movers!  And done very quickly. 

Hope it is going well for you!  You really deserve your very own sanctuary.

Congrats on the new house.  I, too, just moved into my new house about a month ago. I closed on it nearly 6 months ago, but needed to make a few repairs/improvements. I am 3000 miles away from my real home in the Florida Keys...but that life is now over. Stuck in suburbia where the only thing that matters is perfect landscaping and everyone constantly has their panties in a wad over everyone else's business.

I don't know about you, but I am really having a hard time accomplishing anything.  I still have a lot of stuff in boxes in the garage.  I culled most of our possessions when I moved from Florida, because it was more cost effective to shitcan everything than to move it, but there is still quite a bit.  I just can't bring myself to care. 

I moved into a 3 bedroom townhome. One of the bedrooms is just for storage of LH's things. He had quite a collection of pretty much everything. I rented a dumpster before I moved and filled it, but there is still just so much. And I still have things to fetch from the old house, but I have time for all of that. Most of the things I actually need are in the new house, the rest of the stuff is just things to put in the spare bedroom.

It is hard to get the new place organized when I feel mentally worn out all the time. I finally got my kitchen together and that made me feel better, but I pretty much feel like I need a Xanax most of the time because my anxiety is just through the roof.

It's such a huge undertaking on your own!  You will get it done in time.  Bedroom, bathroom and kitchen being functional then the rest whenever you get to it (remind me of my wise words in 2 months please! Lol)

I'm glad you have room for storage so you didn't have to part with all of your DH's collections.  There is only so much we can expect of ourselves. 

Is it possible to plan a weekend get away so you just get away from it all for a short time?

I want to push through until it is done so my mind can slow down, but after that I really want to get away for the weekend and take a little break from my life. Hopefully that will happen.

It is hard to get the new place organized when I feel mentally worn out all the time. I finally got my kitchen together and that made me feel better, but I pretty much feel like I need a Xanax most of the time because my anxiety is just through the roof.

drang03.jpg

(((Jess)))

I do so understand!! It is quite overwhelming, and I felt very much the same. But, inch by inch you'll make progress! 

Remember:

"A journey of a thousand miles

begins with a single step."

~~ Confucius

You are on your way and have taken some significant steps already! I'm thinking of you and send you lots of positive energy!!

Here's a calming (Big HUG) coming your way!

7178.gif

ATJ 

:)