Losing Someone Else

RemysWife

Today I said goodbye to Mark's little brother.

He was still in college when Mark died, so I never really spent a lot of time with him. But he meant the world to Mark. Since there was such a big age difference, Mark was very protective of him. He was so proud of his accomplishments and so angry when he messed up. He talked about playing "Thomas the Tank Engine" with him as a kid. He went to his hockey games. We had his Senior picture framed in our living room.

Mark wasn't one to show his emotions. But when his cancer came back, I remember him telling me that his brother texted him from college to say that he knew Mark was going to get better. And that broke Mark's heart.

I've struggled with finding a place in Mark's family now that he's gone. I spend a lot of time with his cousins and older brother, but his little brother never came out with us. So I only saw him at the occasional birthday party or whatever. One of the last times I saw him, he gave me a hug goodbye and his aunt and mom commented that he never hugged anyone.

He was 26 years old. He was a good kid, and I wish I had known him better. Rest in peace Chris. You will be missed.

I'm exceedingly sorry for the loss of this young man, this much - beloved brother of your Mark. It saddens me to hear of this.

Twenty-six years old....breaks my heart. So many things I've yet to understand. Nor most likely ever will.

You've my heartfelt condolences, RW.

Baylee