Sometimes One Just Needs to Cry

Guest Kamcho

Awwww - heart singing up here --- I stopped in at a Safeway yesterday (BIG ass day driving from my mom's back to Alberta and I bought a big bag of SINFUL Lay's potato chips for the last hour of driving!  PPPPPLLLLPPP!!!), as I walk up there is a Pit Bull tied up at the Dawg Hitching Post (we do that stuff up here) and he/she/it is barking and barking -- everyone is scared.  This dawg had such sweet energy and demeanour and I said:  "It's OK, honey -- your human will be back soon" ... the dawgie then goes into paroxysms of pleasure because because someone said something nice and paid attention.

I like dawgs more than humans most days.  Hope your dawgie finds a good human - but mostly, I hope it finds YOU!

I'm sorry, Kamcho. I have been very turned off by some of the requirements of some rescue programs. They seem over the top in some areas. I wish they had an opportunity to get to know the you we are privileged to know. They would know they could rest comfortably they had found a good loving home for a deserving pet.

Guest nonesuch

She tried to push a beagle on you? 

Beagles are not easy dogs, either. They'll eat until they vomit, they'll run off following a smell, and the baying?  The baying, "YO YO YO YO YOOOOOO!" 

I think the shelters around here charge kind of a lot for dog adoptions, because they hope it winnows out the people who don't have enough money to train/care for a dog. 

Sorry it didn't work out.

Guest Kamcho

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the vent space.

I can respect the reasons they placed the dog where they did. The passive aggressive litany and the hanging up oon me? No bueno.

I suppose had I given them the Lifetime special that has been me + breathing the last 5 years, they would have jumped on finding me a dog and gleefully posted it all over their fakebook page. Alas, our stories are sacred and I am particular about whom I will share mine with.

LH and I wanted a bulldog for years. That was our next dog. I am grateful for the time I got to spend with the dog, and grateful for the inadvertent heads up that the place to get a dog without cray cray rescue culture is OH.

Like I said, I may need to plan a dog-a-bago to OH. Twist my arm, I love OH.

Guest Kamcho

She tried to push a beagle on you? 

Beagles are not easy dogs, either. They'll eat until they vomit, they'll run off following a smell, and the baying?  The baying, "YO YO YO YO

I think half of a good animal rescue is what one does to heal people. The more I interacted with them it seemed they were all about the dog and not the people. She didn't care about what I wanted, just a home for a dog that due to its circumstances wasn't popular with adopters. I feel for the dog and will pass her info onto a beagle lover. Had I the funds, I'd love a little lap dog, but I dont. I can afford to feed one more medium to large sized dog, and it needs to be protective and loving, and not a herding dog, lol.

Their fee was reasonable and offered good value but they also solicit donations. I suspect "donation offers" were higher from the chosen home but who knows. To OH!

:snort:  this 'I suppose had I given them the Lifetime special that has been me + breathing the last 5 years, they would have jumped on finding me a dog and gleefully posted it all over their fakebook page. Alas, our stories are sacred and I am particular about whom I will share mine with."

Im sure you never thought some crazy southern girl in NC would need you to make her smile on a shitty Monday morning but the "lifetime special that has been me + breathing" just got me this morning, ending with the succinct, "our stories are sacred"... I just had a "YES" moment cause you said it so eloquently  and had to tell you so.

Guest Kamcho

Aww Carey, you can be cray cray and Southern so long as you keep me in sweet tea lemonade and pecan pie. ;):P

I'm glad you like my words. If I have to be the star attraction a freakshow,  I will set the ticket prices.