I miss love

donnak

I miss love and all that it is waking up to his face his smile his touch the long walks sunday drives the family get togethers all that we shared the good times the bad the laughter the smiles all that love was and could have been now just beautiful memories shared by one instead of two damn i miss love

HUGS, Donna,

There's a reason there are so many songs written about broken hearts. LOVE does make the world go 'round and it gives our lives meaning. Without love--in some form (love of a child, a family member, a pet even)--and the reciprocal feelings it delivers, we can be left feeling hopeless and alone.

I totally get your sentiments, and send warm thoughts your way.

DonnaP

I'm right with you there, too.  Missing him big time.  I'm sitting at my computer...and when I was sitting here studying, he used to come in and plant a nice soft kiss on my neck, too.  I miss him holding me and kissing my neck while I fell asleep.  I miss...well, I could be here all day listing...as I suppose many of us could be...

I miss my polarbear. :'(

Maureen

I'm with you all and as Maureen said, I could be here all day...all the quiet and little ways we shared our love.  The touch, the look, the 110% support, the person who cares where you are and worries about you and whether you're safe, wanting to comfort you when you're sad, the kiss goodbye, the kiss goodnight.

I always wanted to hang in the bedroom the quote "Always Kiss Me Goodnight"...no use getting it now which just makes me sad.  As others have told me, because we've loved and it was so good, we miss it so much now.  And I do realize now that I do miss that and can't imagine going through the rest of my life without it, but I also realize, it may never happen again...  Sigh...

oh so true ...everything you all wrote

I miss the private jokes, holding hands , slaps on the butt , our sarcastic senses of humor that others would find odd

those looks across a crowded room that would make me instantly smile ,oh those gorgeous green eyes

like you said could be here all day ...

at two years out, I realized that I missed love too.  I even wrote about it; I will quote: "This is what I miss: a secret smile, that intimacy which took so long to build... Why am I longing so much, will love forever be elusive?"

I wrote that the morning I set out on my new adventure, meeting a guy I hadn't seen in 45 years.

and This new guy, he is so entirely different from my DH.. but i found love. I found the secret looks, the secret touches, the secret smiles, the easy embrace, holding hands, sharing a meal, being loved. OMG it feels so good to be loved again.

It's closing in on three years for me now. I still miss my DH and talk to him; especially when I ride my bike. SOmetimes it's crazy making, how can I love two guys? well, simple. One's dead and while he can't hug and hold me anymore, he still loves me and I will always love him. New guy? he gets the hugs, the kisses, the walks in the park..

That's my story.. as crazy as it is.

I miss it so, so much-- not just the physical (though that torments me too), but the certainty of knowing that I mattered to someone. I know I matter to a lot of people, but I'm not the most important person in anyone's world anymore-- well, my kids, I guess, but it's not the same. I was cherished. I was beloved, and I loved with all my heart. Now I'm sad, empty, and lonely. I think that's all I'll ever be. Donna is right, love does make the world go 'round, and I don't really want to be here without it. :(

Just Jen - oh I so get that ....

it so hard that we have lost the most important/loved person in our lives

and we have lost being the most important / loved person in someones life

sigh.. can't really handle that part of heartache

Guest Munsen

I miss everything about my guy too.

Reading the above comments brought back so many sweet memories. But of all the things I miss (and I really miss a lot of things!), I miss my best friend the most.

The person that could finish my sentences and vice versa. The guy that would phone me when I was picking up the phone to call him.

The person that could look at me across the room at a social gathering and we could have a whole conversation in just one glance.

The one person in the world who knew all my secrets and loved me anyway. He and I weren't perfect but, as has been often said in here, we were perfect for each other.

I don't see myself finding another and its not that I'm totally against it but the reality is that the guys who are single at my age & in my community are single for very good reasons.

I really miss love too and I really miss being loved and needed by him. Some things broken in this world can never be fixed.

I don't see myself finding another and its not that I'm totally against it but the reality is that the guys who are single at my age & in my community are single for very good reasons.

I really miss love too and I really miss being loved and needed by him. Some things broken in this world can never be fixed.

I did not expect to find this kind of deep love again, but somehow love found me! I still miss Mick with every fiber of my being. But the darkness that once enveloped me is no longer all consuming. I have someone who "loves me more than air"; someone who knows exactly how I feel, because he lost a spouse too; someone who gets me, who lives to make me happy, and it feels wonderful. Totally different from my first love, but no less wonderful.

<3

Donna