O.T. Text messages sent

Sugarbell

I have been trying to figure this out for the past 12 hours. Researching. I know you can get a virus on your phones that can cause it to send random text messages...but I am stumped and a little spooked.

This past weekend-I was really on overload (even more than usual)... had 10 kids here Friday for daughters birthday, was arguing with my Mom...had a TV celebrity-local guy at daughters party (it was a mountain monsters theme-a TV show-he's one of them)

Kicked everyone out Sat morning..drove 2 hra for district game-rain, delays...didn't get home till midnight Sat

Sunday was a repeat of Sat-except rushed back to get other son to practice an hour opposite direction in Ohio.

So...I was off...tired, irritable. my mom has an old 90s flip phone-she doesn't text...I have never texted her...she has to pay for each text she gets.

A text came through at 10:30am Sat morning to her....from me saying "I need to call you"

She showed me that afternoon. It was from my phone. She responds back "Now?"

Her response is on my phone--but not this text. She's not in my old texts because I have never texted her. She is in contacts. But that's it. My phone was charging and the kids didn't have it.

So could she somehow send this to herself making me think it was from me??...or could it be something paranormal? A virus? But why to her, whom I have never texted and about calling me? When we were fussing anyway at the time?

Anyone?

Without seeing both phones, it is tough to say what exactly is going on. Do you guys have the same wireless provider?

At the end of this billing cycle, I'd look over both of your bills very carefully to see where the text actually originated from (it might not have been you). On the flip phones it is easier to send a text without it actually being a response to another text.

In addition, there is also an email address for most wireless numbers that is something like 555-1212@verizon.net that text messages can be sent to and from. That can also be the originator of the text to your mom.

My Mom is going to check her bill when she gets it. I don't even know what kind of phone she has....it's super old.

I have had lots of problems with my IPhone 5...I do know some can get viruses--And my battery was draining and not charging and had to spend 80 to fix the charger/outlet thing.

Or paranormal possibly....I don't think so much of DH...but I think we all have positive energies, spirit guides, angels-Whatever you choose to call them...We also have to be careful of negative energies too (which can be a nuisance)

But still a little stumped. Not freaked out like I was...but just stumped.