Two Monkeys = Big Fun!

Mac

Cindy & I had so much fun with all of our adventures. We never found any drive to be boring. Never bored waiting at an airport. We were easily amused and were constantly laughing. She always said that it was because of the fact that we were both born in the year of the monkey (Chinese).

One time we took a trip to Kauai. We had fun traveling off the beaten path, trying stay away from the more touristy areas.

We were driving back down the hills from the forest. I pulled over to the side of the road to get out and enjoy the scenery. We saw that there was a river there so we climbed down the banks of it. Before long, a boat approached. It was a tour boat. We then realized that we were on the river leading up to the Fern Grotto. 

The tourists on the boats didn?t seem to be smiling much or to be having much fun. Neither did the guides. Seeing the boats go by reminded us of being on the Jungle Ride at Disneyland. So we gathered some leaves and branches and put them in our hair and clothes.  Then as each boat would approach we would do the hula together and entertain the tourists.

I was hoping that we wouldn?t offend the Hawaiian tour guides. They thought that it was really funny and gave us a big shaka sign. The tourists were no longer bored. Some them did the hula back to us. Everyone was laughing. We stayed there and did it for over two hours. Two monkeys = big fun!