Stress takes its toll

Trying

With all of the stress of selling my house, buying a house, packing up the home I shared with Tim and our boys, and the move scheduled for tomorrow, I have been a complete stressed out crazy person.  Poor New Guy has been more patient and understanding than any human should have to be but yesterday and this morning we were both at our breaking point. We were able to make up this afternoon and both had a good cry but there were a few hours when I thought my grief and stress might have cost me my future with an amazing man.  I'm working so hard at moving forward but the stress of all of this change is taking its toll.  I really hope my emotions level off, he deserves a "normal" relationship and so do I. 

I hear ya and feel for you!!

Moving is so stressful...I am such a rooted person (like my folks are still in the house I was born in)...This is the only home I have ever owned. Regardless of the circumstances-I would be a wreck selling it (even to move across the street)

((((hugs)))) Hang in there it will be worth it.

Good luck with the move and good for you for taking on this big life change.

Stress does crazy things to people and I bet new guy does understand even if hard for both of you to deal with. When I worked in my prior extremely stressful job with long hours my LH would just listen to my crazy rants, give me one of his big smiles and hand me a glass of wine. Boy I miss those days. I bet things will improve for you two when all this crazy stress is behind you - and I wish you all the best for the future. It's hard dynamics when fighting over life's big issues when not a married couple.

Trying-Been there!  Moved quite a few times since DH passed and believe me my BF has had to deal with the brunt of my feelings!  and as he is one who doesn't care much for change moving days have been, well, interesting points in our relationship!!!!  We have always gotten to the other side of the stress and craziness intact but while it is happening....Glad you made it!

Guest TooSoon

Some lunatic behavior is more than justified with all that's going on. I had a memorable freak out in May that made me worry that I'd crossed a line and ruined something wonderful. I agree with the person above who said give yourself a couple of days; once you're moved and the dust begins to settle, I'm sure things will all fall back into place. Hang in there!!!

Guest TooSoon

I am confident you will.  The ups and downs are enough as it is, but add the stress of moving and the kids, etc. and it is a lot to handle with grace.  We all have our moments.  Lots of love to you!