What a difference an 8 month separation can make

PhotoJunkie

Ive been here with my daughter now for almost 3 months.  Its been quite a change for both of us.  She is more willing to help out around the house, more willing to be touchy feeling, more open with the I love yous.  While there are still moments, we all have them so they aren't as intense as they used to be.

For myself, I find I have more patience when the attitude and issues rise.  Im more willing to walk away and take a break for myself rather than get up in her world and antagonize everything. 

She wants me to meet her friends, has asked if I can go with her to the first day of school so she can show me around, has asked me to stay for events with the school when other parents are expected to leave (by their kids) etc.  She makes me feel like she really wants to hang out with me and be with me where as before we could barely tolerate each other. 

She is handling the split homes better than the adults appear to be.  She does choose to be with me more than there when the choice is hers.  We haven't started the school year yet etc so time will tell what happens when it gets super busy.  I have tried to take time to do fun things with her as opposed to just staying at home.  Not working crazy super long hours has helped.  We are talking about getting a house and she seems open to the idea, which takes us out of the apartment complex my sister is in. 

I thought I would give an update since you guys have had to listen to all the frustrating vents over the years :D  Im hesitantly optimistic ;)