New to this site

Someone told me about this site so I figured I'd try it out. I'm 23 years old, have a two year old daughter, got married to my daughters father after being together for 4 years on May 3, on July 18 my husband was cut off and his SUV flipped, my husband unfortunately didn't make it. The person who cut my husband off didn't stop, so we have yet to catch them. It's been almost 3 months and this is by far the worst thing I've ever gone through.

I am so very sorry for your loss but I am glad you have found us. This group and the one that came before it have been a lifesaver for me in the last 2 years. It's a place to vent, to honestly share your emotions and struggles, to feel less alone and sometimes less crazy for the things you think and feel. We support each other, encourage each other and learn from each other.

You have a tough road ahead of you as you deal with your grief and being a solo parent but I can tell you that time will be your friend. Be sure to take care of yourself so that you can continue to be a wonderful mom, don't be afraid to ask for help from those who care about you, they may not know what to offer without you asking.

My heart goes out to you and your little girl.

Chevygirl,

I'm so glad that you found us, but so sorry that you had to go looking for us. As Trying wrote, you will find much support from the good people here. Don't be afraid to post as much as you like, and as often as you want to. This forum (and its predecessor) have literally helped me keep it together and I have made many life-long friends.

Although I am quite a bit older, I also was widowed in July and have a daughter. She was almost 16 at the time we lost her mom, which of course is much different that raising a two year-old, but I get that parenting solo is hard. There are quite a few wids here that do have small children or did when they were widowed. Seek out their collective knowledge and advice, but don't worry about looking too far into the future. I was just a little further out than you when I could look back and see that I was making progress. Hang in there!

Chevygirl: I am also 23, and now back with my parents ... I have no children. This is so hard I am still in shock. I am happy that you found us, it has been helpful to feel understood. Everyone here is great and understanding, keep posting and feel free to pm if you like!

Im so sorry that tragedy led you here. I lost my husband almost 2 years ago. Next month is the anniversary.  I'm nowhere near "over him".  There will be good days, bad days and ugly ones.  I agree, widowhood is traumatic.  Try to remember to take care of yourself physically, so you can be there for your little girl.  It's hard to want to eat or drink or even shower at the point you are at.  And people will say all kinds of things, mostly well meaning, they have no idea how bad what they are saying really is.  This is a walk only you can do, in your own time, in your own way.  The one thing I have gained from widowhood is my give a damn being broken, so I do say what I really feel more often, and don't care so much anymore about what others "think".  I just wish I had grasped that a little sooner.  No one can come on here and say oh you will feel better at such and such time, etc.  But we are all at various steps of the journey and can share and virtually hold your hand and if nothing else, you know you're not alone.  This is a wonderful group of people who rallies around their own like nothing I've ever known before. The people here have been there for me so much more than my very own family, so I am very glad that you found your way here, even though it sucks so hard that you needed to :(

I am so very sorry for your loss but am glad you found us. I lost my husband to a sudden and completely unexpected seizure. It is hard to even wrap my mind around even at around 14 months out that one minute he was here and everything felt so certain and the next I was rudderless and adrift. This community has helped me find myself again and showed me the impossible times are 100% survivable. It is so hard, but you can do this and we are hear to listen.

I don't have any children so I can't help you with what must be such a hard question from your daughter

I just wanted to let you know that I am so sorry about you having to be here

but I am glad you found this site , please remember to breathe

I noticed at times I literally was holding my breath until I read here about remembering to breathe

Take care of yourself and sending hugs your way