You know what??

Guest TooSoon

Me too. I sometimes let one of the kids sleep in with me just to have the comfort of someone breathing and sleeping beside me. Probably a bad habit to get into but TBH I don't really care.

I hate going to bed alone too but hate more waking up to an empty bed!

This was me in the first few months. After the day, I was exhausted and couldn't wait to watch "House of Cards" and drift off to sleep. I would go to sleep with acceptance and wake-up to the realization I was without her again. A reminder it wasn't just a bad dream.

Guest TooSoon

Even though there was plentiful relief when my child decided she was ready to return to her own bed, I have to admit that sometimes I go in after she's long since gone to sleep and drag her into bed with me.  Not sure how much longer she'll roll with that though.  Solidarity!

Guest TooSoon

My latest strategy is a losing one.  I quit all sleep aids and other sleep inducing elixirs so now I just stay up until I can't stay awake any longer.  Ironically, without sleep aids, even though I'm getting less sleep, I'm still more alert and have more energy when I get up.  Reading in bed helps.  Keeping devices out of the bedroom helps but I will still find any excuse to wait just a little longer so that I don't have to get in that bed.  I used to sleep on the sofa in order to elide the bed issue but that seemed dysfunctional (and bad for my back).  I wish I had the magical cure for bedtime but I don't.  I do get it, though.  xx