Four years seems like a lifetime ago

ManutesGirl

I woke up this morning feeling so sad.  I didn't feel that bad last year so it surprised me.  Then when I posted on FB I had a complete crazy crying jag. Been a long time since I had one of those.  I posted an excerpt from one of DHs recordings when he was on hospice (my brother had given him a digital recorder so I have a bunch of them...haven't listened to all of them though).  Warms my heart to see how many people have shared his words. 

I brought flowers to the cemetery this morning.  My idea of a peaceful visit didn't happen due to them digging a grave near us.  The guys working were complaining a bit.  One of them said, they gotta stop selling these double deep plots.  I almost replied to them no cause I like it on top.  Sort of wish I had cause I would have loved to see the look on their faces.

What a rollercoaster ride this has been...

It's funny where the grief still is, isn't it?  It's been over four for me, thought I'd learned to live on, but lately I've been missing her more than ever.  New place, new life really.  But I've been waking up in the morning wondering where she is, sometimes yelling her name when I can't find her. 

Sometimes it feels far away, sometime it feels like yesterday.  Sometimes it even feels like just before I met her.  To me, that was my/our real life.  This is just a badly written sequel.