Falling fast

Nineteenjs

I've been widowed for 2 years. Has anyone noticed that you fall quickly in relationships? I remember dating under a year after my husband died and I felt so disconnected and not interested. Looking back I think I was after the comfort of being wanted and the need to occupy my mind. But I've been seeing this guy for 4 months and I'm head over heels in love and I'm curious if anyone has had similar, I'm falling way too fast- kind of situations too.

I feel in love with the man who became my second husband when I was 6 months out.  It happened fast and hard and scared everyone but the two of us.  It was truly incredible and I have no regrets.  So...this can happen.  I know that others have fallen fast (and it worked wonderfully) and still some others where they wished they'd had their eyes open wider.  Just remember to listen to your heart and your head.  I wish you well!

Maureen

I did. I knew him in another lifetime in Canada. After three and a half years I was ready to entertain the idea of another in my life. He was the one to seek me out- the same weekend I was searching for him on Facebook, he sent me a message on Facebook, out of the blue. I hadn't seen him since 1975. I lost my heart to him the first week of long, literate emails. Five years later, I still adore him.  Maureen gave good advice! We had a long distance romance for three years, I retired, I moved 350 miles and he still makes my heart jump  when he smiles at me.

Marian

I think its so great when we can open our hearts and emotions again after such a painful loss. I wish you all the best in your Chapter 2 ! I am Ms Cautious (plus I have a young child) so while I started dating 14 months after my husband died, I have taken the opposite tack. I haven't let myself fall fast and am moving in baby steps - but I admire those that do !

Yes, very quickly.  That being said, I fell in love with DH within the first few minutes of the first time we ever hung out (and he did too).  I've only really had one relationship that began gradually.  I've read that fast judgments can be as accurate (or more) than those made over time and observation, I think it's called thin slicing or something (did Malcolm Gladwell write a book on this?  I didn't read it, maybe I read *about* it????).  I believe in trusting your gut.  The only exception is that some people present themselves one way during courtship, and then either withdraw or show ugly true colors once a relationship has solidified.  That's the danger I suppose....