The More I Learn...

Mac

None of it is pointless. Its like growing up all over again asking what the need is for learning geography. Stored information comes in handy during transitional periods. This is a major transition filled with extreme emotions such as depression and boredom that makes it difficult to remember the day to day changes you made with far less effort and greater ease.

I treated my grief like a giant puzzle in that I kept trying to put pieces together to make sense of. Most of my answers related back to all I learned in my childhood. This answers the question of why mental health workers always want to know about a person's childhood and past experiences. Anyhoo, the stored information surfaced when I needed it.  I still have "aha" moments.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

mac    You're usually upbeat, hope you're okay?

Thanks so much trying2breathe. I'm doing fine. Just a statement of how I'm feeling, certainly more of living in the now and discovering an incredibly whole new life.

One re-occurring thought: "The love that you gave me and left me with, makes this all so much easier!" I do have much to be grateful for.