a griswold christmas

Carey

You know how Clarke has all these big plans about a pool he's going to put in with his Christmas bonus?  And he gets enrolled in the jelly of the month club instead?  Today was our office Christmas party and I have been anxiously waiting for this day because we have always gotten $300 bonuses and that was to be what I was going to use to buy my kids' gifts.  I think I may have mentioned here that we were ought out by a larger corporate hospital in November and while we were told there wouldn't be any significant changes, I guess they didn't realize how significant of a change it is when you go from $300 to ... an UMBRELLA.  Ho HO HO.  Merry effing Christmas. We were all just stunned.  And I have to sit here for 2 1/2 more hours, running my area  AND someone elses' who is out and try to put on a smile for the patients.  Chad always had such a great bonus and Christmas was always a peach to pull off. I miss him so much, not just for that but man ... I'm sorry for the whine, this just sucks :(

Ive just given up on the whole deal. Don't even have a tree up and I just don't care anymore. I don't know what to do about ANY of it.  There's no way to pull it together. I just don't understand , he actually died on Thanksgiving week and THAT year I decorated the whole house, bought gifts, did the whole shebang.  Last year, I managed.  A local radio station helped be Santa for the kids and I decorated.  This year? I just can't even.  Just cant.  It's FOUR. DAYS. AWAY.

Tight hugs, Carey. I'm sorry the bonus you expected didn't happen. As far as decorating, I used to do a lot as well. I moved storage bins full of decorations to our new home. They're not going to make it up this year. Too much craziness I'm dealing with in my life right now and not enough of me to go around. I'm focusing on just what needs done - gifts wrapped and Christmas tree & stockings up. My kids honestly don't care about the other decorations, but the tree is important to them. Mine isn't up yet, either. Last year we did it on Christmas Eve if I recall correctly. I bought some cookies at the farmer's market as there will be no time for baking this year. You have been through a lot and with your medical condition, you just don't have the strength right now to do all you used to when your life was different. Don't be so hard on yourself, please. In the grand scheme of things, not having a lot of decorations is okay, plus you don't have to put it all away again then either. I know it hurts, because it is another reminder of how your life has changed since Chad died. I'm sorry for that hurt. It is hard to accept these changes to our lives and not being able to do all we used to do.

More hugs...