New Years Resolutions !

Captains wife

Ok I don't fully believe in NYs resolutions but I have found setting out to do lists or goals for myself have been helpful post widow. So here it goes- my NYs resolutions for 2016. Feel free to add yours:        1) Get back to my diet and exercise regime. I've completely let things go since my son broke his leg and I've put on 5 plus pounds plus my moods haven't been great. 2) Refocus on work - have some big projects for 16 and need to get my drive and concentration back. 3) Travel with my son - now that's he is 4.5 yrs I want him to start seeing more places - want us to get out more in the new year. 4) Re evaluate my living situation. My work commute is crazy plus I feel quite isolated where I am. Commit to researching new places to live, closer to work with good school alternatives for my son, 5) Sort out my dating life (don't want to go into more details but feel like in serious limbo), 6) Start really tackling my house renovation/upkeep list. Need to get my house in great shape in case decide to sell. Wishing all of us a peaceful New Year!

Go you CW, if you both ever decide to travel to Edinburgh we have a spare room =)

My plan is to set myself a different goal each month this year, something I will do every day that month. I have some ideas but hoping this develops.

This month I am going to exercise every day. This has been the thing that has the biggest impact on my mood and my mood is really struggling currently.

So far, so good.

Thanks for starting this, I hope you both are able to stay the course. For 2016 I will try to volunteer in meaningful efforts that benefit our area. When possible, I will try to reach out to others at difficult times. I must remember to thank God for all the many blessings in this life.

Be present.

Live life with a purpose.

Be consistent.

Exercise 6 days a week.

Increase lean proteins and fibrous carbs.

Decrease starchy and simple carbs.

Donate whole blood at least 3 times, and platelets once.

Participate in an ALS walk.

Start college courses.

Finish house projects.

Thanks for the motivation in setting (or reviving) some goals!

1. Clean eating

2. Exercise 5 days a week

3. Complete classes and develop a business plan

4. Establish firm expectations and ground rules for oldest son moving home

5. Meet with contractor for house remodel projects, get siding and windows done

I'm not sure these are resolutions but they are renewals of what worked in 2015 and dropping what did not work.

1.  Be more intentionally mindful.

2.  Practice gratitude in words and actions.

3.  Read a good book once a month.  Re-read a classic.

4.  Learn to knit or quilt.

5.  Healthy clean eating.

I was going to say no eating in the living room and things like that, but after reading these other ones, maybe I need to change it to world peace and stop world hunger.

I let things go when I lost my husband, things didn't seem to matter as much. This year I would like to organize, get rid of things, keep my house cleaner and no eating in the living room.