NCAA Men's Basketball - LET THE MADNESS BEGIN

Guest AC

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AC comes busting in and says "HEY DIAH!!!  Guess what?  You already got a point today!!!  A WHOLE point!  New Day!!!"

She doesn't mention that more than likely the entire field got that point.  Who wouldn't pick Kansas to beat New Mexico State???  You'd have to be really partial to NMS, AC thought silently.  She figured he needed a boost to his day.

6a00d8341bf90553ef01a511d30a5a970c-pi

AC claps wildly for DIAH (and everybody else).  Way to go!!!  ;D

I need to figure out how to post videos, so I can join the fun.  Of course, this will have to wait until later, because my lunch break is ending and I am kinda, sorta, expected to do my job and educate young minds.  Why must school districts have such high expectations, I ask you?  Why?  :-\

Baylor What?

Yeah - just about anything can happen in round 1 and it really is just MADNESS.  However, the upsets in the Baylor and Iowa State games did deal some blows that will have a longer lasting impact on some of the field.  Still though, as of now, each of us has at least 3 of our final 4 picks in play.  No one is out of the running yet.  And when that DOES happen - we start a sweet 16 contest! - whole NEW DAY!

In other news - the mysterious GABZILLA has clawed her way into the #1 spot - besting the lovely miss Leslie's 4th grade class by one correct guess.  Also of note, our own DIAH is attempting to scramble out of that hole he fell into yesterday and is now tied for last place.  WOOT!

GO ZAGS.

Also of note, our own DIAH is attempting to scramble out of that hole he fell into yesterday and is now tied for last place.

DIAH looks down at the NCAA pool standings book. He is no longer in last place by himself. Now he is TIED for last place. Happiness ensues..

the-jerk-o_zpschjsv8go.gif

You know, I have no idea what is going on. I'll just smile and nod and wait for it all to happen!

yes, AC, I really did choose by mascot, but I seem to have fallen down to 3rd last :(

You know, I have no idea what is going on. I'll just smile and nod and wait for it all to happen!

yes, AC, I really did choose by mascot, but I seem to have fallen down to 3rd last :(

LOL.  After reading this, I checked your prediction for the championship game and couldn't figure exactly how a Terrappin beats a Wolfpack.  But I think I got it - Teenage Mutant Ninja Terrapin, no?  If so, I back that theory.

As we have been saying, however, theories and knowledge ain't worth much in this particular tourney as can be evidenced by the fact that last years strong frontrunner and all around contest golden girl is currently tied for last with the man who knows his stuff.  My new theory, based on what I know of some players in the field, is that success thus far is actually directly inversely correlated with height.  Pretty weird for basketball, huh?  Who knows.

As for being in the bottom three - no worries, maybe you'll shrink!  Just kidding, but seriously - TODAY IS A NEW DAY!!! WOOT!!!!!

Games begin in about 30 minutes.  All my best to each of you that picked the same teams I did ;)

This is how you do it, human (gif)

1378748406_dog_doing_yoga.gif

1.  locate gif and copy gif url (looks like this) http://www.gifbin.com/bin/092013/1378748406_dog_doing_yoga.gif'>http://www.gifbin.com/bin/092013/1378748406_dog_doing_yoga.gif

2.  select the button below the B (bold) button.  The one furthest to the left above the smilies

3.  paste gif url in there so it looks like this with an ] on the end

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/092013/1378748406_dog_doing_yoga.gif[/img

I, too, had to be taught this step by step.  I am still not sure I could do a video.  Best of luck in your endeavor!

Okay, people, how the heckimoly (yes, I realize this is not a real word) do you all imbed gifs into your responses? I want to add one, but am apparently too ignorant to figure it out, without some tutelage first. 

Sadly, after my surprisingly meteoric rise to the top, given my limited knowledge of the teams this year, I appear to have not so surprisingly slipped in the rankings, just a bit.  Upon discovering that I am no longer in the lead, I initially thought about doing this....

2Qs2hKWMvEzdu.gif

But, being the eternal optimist that I am, I figure I would be much better off taking this attitude.....

Tim0q7zolF3fa.gif

I would like to include a special thanks to AC and DIAH, who helped me figure out this mysterious and magical gif thing.  You guys rock!  So, while you all are watching the games, I shall be in the corner, doing a "Happy Dance", like this.....

3mV5n5Vgboad2.gif

Wow NC State over Nova!

That just knocked be out of a very brief lead.  I am so tempted to steal Leslie's baby gif right now.  :P