NCAA Men's Basketball - LET THE MADNESS BEGIN

Guest AC

Who's up ready for some MADNESS???  I am  :)

16 possible points to win today.  Of course, some of us can't win on some of the games no matter how today goes, as our first round picks took both teams still competing out.  Nonetheless, with a mere 14 points separating the current contest leader from those at the bottom, those 16 points up for grabs today mean just about anything could happen.  Also worth noting, each of us still has at least 3 of our final 4 in this thing. 

Games begin in about an hour.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just popping in to alert everyone that the Sweet 16 are officially known.  What that means for this thread is that WE CAN START A WHOLE NEW CONTEST!!! WOO HOO?!?!?!

*****DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES IS 7:15 ET ON 3/26/17 (Thursday)************

For those that missed the original deadline or didn't want to participate but now do - now is your time.

For those who are in the original contest but want to participate in this too - jump on in!

For those that just don't care - I totally get that.  The madness ends in a few weeks.

I also added a poll in case anyone has strong feelings one way or the other.  I submitted my vote - it really does not matter to me, but if people have opinions I would like to hear them.

Please see the first post in this thread for full details.  Here are the instructions to access the new contest.  If you are already registered, skip that part.

*DIAH - could you check and see if I weighted the rounds correctly?

*****************************************************************************************

You are being invited to join 'Team WIDDA Sweet sixteen 2015 pool'.

In order to join, you must:

1. Register as a user at http://www.poolhost.com.

When registering, you will choose a personal username and provide your e-mail address. When you click Join, PoolHost.com will send you an e-mail with a password to login to the site. 

2. Login to PoolHost.com with the username you chose and the password sent to you.

3. Go to the 'Pool Tools' menu and choose 'Join a Private Pool'.

4. Choose 'College Bracket Challenge'.

5. To Join the pool you need to enter the Pool ID and Pool Password.

For the Pool ID type: WIDDA16

For the Pool Password type: MADNESS

That's it and then you're in! The next time you login in to http://www.poolhost.com, you can get back to your pool(s) by going to 'My Pools' where you'll see all the pools you've joined. Clicking on a pool name will take you to that pool. You can switch to a different pool by going to 'My Pools' again at any time.

To Register, click here:

http://www.poolhost.com/index.asp?page=register.asp

True story on basketball themes.

I ran late to see one of my daughter's basketball game this year. When I arrived, everyone in the stands tells me about my daughter's 3/4 length basket to beat the halftime buzzer. It was only the JV game so there was no video of it. It sucked not seeing it in person but she was quite proud of it.

On a less serious note, I will proudly submit my Sweet 16 picks later

tumblr_njpyzbSvHI1u0k6deo2_250_zpszcmwjyfe.gif

So I have a weird question, since I am new to all this picking teams and brackets thing.  I noticed it allows you to add a sheet with an alias, so you can keep track of your picks.  Does this mean I could do two brackets, one for who I think will win and a second one for who I wish would win?  I've been so conflicted, and this would end my internal argument (which, frankly, needs to stop, because these arguing voices in my head are drowning out the usual voices I am used to hearing, and I can't handle the confusion).  Oh, the pressure is just madness! :P

I have a weird answer.  It is set up so that you can submit two sets of pics.  I don't know if we as a group want to have that happen or not.  I did not realize the option was there, so I have not addressed it.

What do people think?  Only 1 entry per person, two entries per person but you must pic which one "counts" in the contest, or 2 entries are permissible per person?  I can go any way.

Not that this matters, but I went with my head mostly on the  big bracket and am winning.  However, last year I went with my heart and won the whole thing.  This year, for the sweet 16, I went with my heart.  I had to - I spent 10 years at the U of Utah and it is not exactly every year they make the sweet 16. 

If you are involved in the sweet 16 contest or will be - please let me know your preference either here on via PM.

Thanks!

Ignore my previous question.  I had a migraine last night and took the "good meds" to try and get rid of it.  Apparently, I was a little loopier than I thought!

I've been so conflicted, and this would end my internal argument (which, frankly, needs to stop, because these arguing voices in my head are drowning out the usual voices I am used to hearing, and I can't handle the confusion).  Oh, the pressure is just madness! :P

If my Kenneth were still alive, he would say THIS (^^^) is why they don't let me out in public very often.  ;D

I have Gonzaga beating UCLA in the full bracket contest and UCLA beating Gonzaga in the Sweet 16 contest.  Soooooo conflicted!!!

GO UTES?!?!?!?!

Holy smokaroonies!  Louisville has fallen to Michigan State.  I can't even talk about my Sweet 16 picks.  Suffice it to say DIAH and LisaPop already have more points in that contest than I can possibly get total - and SMM is a mere point behind.  Gabzilla is having a rough go of it too, but if Gonzaga pulls through she stands a good chance.

I have Duke in the overall contest, but GO ZAGS!!!!!  ;D

Holy smokaroonies!  Louisville has fallen to Michigan State.  I can't even talk about my Sweet 16 picks.  Suffice it to say DIAH and LisaPop already have more points in that contest than I can possibly get total - and SMM is a mere point behind.  Gabzilla is having a rough go of it too, but if Gonzaga pulls through she stands a good chance.

I have Duke in the overall contest, but GO ZAGS!!!!!  ;D

I now have to go and check what this means!

*smm toddles off to find out*

...and all my remaining interests in March Madness has ended. It was fun for a while, but screw the rest of them.

I so hear this.  What fun is March Madness when 3 of the final 4 are #1 seeds?  THAT is madness - boring madness.  I have the lead in the contest because I was rushed and largely went with the top seeded team (mostly subconsciously).  LAME MADNESS...

[move]GO SPARTANS GO!!!!!!![/move]