NYC April 12, 2015!

Jen

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My suggestion would be White Plains.  There's a Metro North commuter train that will take you right into Grand Central, mid-town Manhattan.  If you would like, I can meet you there and get you to the restaurant, via mass transit of course.

Keep me posted,

K

YES:

Gabzmom

Just Jen

K-REBat

LisaPop

Mangomom

Michael797

MissingSquish

Momtojandj

MAYBE:

Bluemoon15

BrokenHeart2 (Intrigued)

mom66

rifatheroffour (Contemplation)

singinmomo4 (I'm smelling some cheap Chinatown karaoke)

tmwenger

TooSoon (Top Grade)

REMINDER: THE TIME WAS CHANGED TO 12:30PM

rifatheroffour . . . I am truly sorry.  You will be missed.  But this bago is growing, and time and space in New York is a precious commodity.  Let us know if your situation changes.

Mangomom . . . Don't let Canal Street scare you when you see it.  You are literally staying on the cusp of three amazing neighborhoods:  Soho, Tribeca and Chinatown.  Excellent choice.

YES:

Gabzmom

Just Jen

K-REBat

LisaPop

Mangomom

Michael797

MissingSquish

Momtojandj

MAYBE:

Bluemoon15

BrokenHeart2 (Intrigued)

mom66

singinmomo4 (I'm smelling some cheap Chinatown karaoke)

tmwenger

TooSoon (Top Grade)

REMINDER: THE TIME WAS CHANGED TO 12:30PM

I love Canal street. When my son wa huge into Pokemon and yugioh we trekked down to Chinatown a couple of times. And DH was italian so we've had a few meals in little Italy. Papabubble on Broome street is a definite stop - my kids wouldn't let me back in the house without something from there!  I am so excited to explore the area a little more!

Ok so here goes, if I come from Ottawa Ont Canada where would be the best place for me to book a hotel without driving into NYC. I've never been but would love to go to. Advice please!

Jenni, where you stayin' at, hon? That may sort of answer the question.

I'm still going to have to play this one by ear for another couple of weeks but Michael, could you fit 5 if I can make it (and can we carpool from here?).  I'd really like to come.  A spring afternoon on the LES with you all?  Yes, please!

That's harder. I'm getting Jenni at Newark airport on Friday and am going to stay with her for the duration of her trip.

Guest TooSoon

Michael, No worries; if I can make it, I will just hop on the bus or maybe even come in the night before.  Will keep you posted!

I went ahead and booked a rental car, just in case-- it should seat 5, and 2 seats are taken, so that leaves room for three more. We can still meet at the train station and go from there, whether we finally settle on mode of transportation. :)

Could I get a head count of who's planning to meet at Secaucus? If it's more than three, I guess I could look into upgrading to a minivan or something-- but I might have to take up a collection. ;)

Guest TooSoon

I'm really going to try to make it but I will happily take the bus in. I can work that while while en route. If I can get a Hotel deal for Sat night I'll come then.  Will keep you all posted. April is a tough month for now work wise and adp u

Is coming the following week so I just have to wait and see. So fun though, springtime in lower manhattan! 

I'm really going to try to make it but I will happily take the bus in. I can work that while while en route. If I can get a Hotel deal for Sat night I'll come then.  Will keep you all posted. April is a tough month for now work wise and adp u

Is coming the following week so I just have to wait and see. So fun though, springtime in lower manhattan!

check out this cute hotel I booked.  http://www.booking.com/hotel/us/azure.html  Let me know if you stay there and we can meet up and walk over Sunday, and even grab a bite sat night

Have you guys noticed the astronomical amount of views this post has gotten?

By the way . . . I'm off all day and night on April 12, so this of you hanging around the City, I'm happy to be your guide.  What's on your "To See" list?

Unfortunately the time change makes me a no.  Have fun...

But, but - we didn't get to talk in Connecticut. Camping trips come and go - what about the bago???

You will be missed - we need a gentleman there, and I don't qualify.

This made me laugh! Thank you.  The camping is with the boyscouts, two of whom are mine, we are short on adult leaders and it's my son's birthday during the campout.  So...no skipping this one.  I will see what I can do, I really did want to get down there.  What time do you think you will be a the restaurant till?