I hate @#&* cancer!!!!!

Eddienhp

The lady who came to advocate for my son's education, the angel who rescued him from a dead end life skills track, the woman who donated a month of her time and wouldn't take a penny from me has been diagnosed with reoccurring cancer. Now it is Stage IV. It doesn't seem fair. This lady has a disability herself. She rose to become one of the top educators in the field. She came to help when she heard our cancer wreckage story. She couldn't resist helping when she saw my son's test scores. She was appalled with the school when she met my son and saw his capability. She just kept coming and coming to meeting after meeting, driving hours of round trip travel time. She refused money. She would only take lunch and a hand made scarf my mother knitted. She is an angel who walks amongst us. My son now has the opportunity to earn a high school diploma. He is getting 80s, 90s and 100s on his classroom tests. It is all because of her. This child was being written off by the school district. Life is not fair. Where is the damn Karma?? Justice?? Hey God, are you listening?? Why don't you take one of those school district idiots who care more about money than a child's future? I don't like this. I don't like it at all. I don't want another family to be devastated by @#$*&^^ cancer.

Cancer #$*@#@$%^ SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

:(

Eileen (very tearful and totally unable to focus)

Feeling for her, her family, and your family!! Having already walked this road with the worst outcome, you must to be having your own grief triggered in addition to your heart going out to her and her family. Peace for all and hopes for healing, if possible, for her!

Cancer wid here too.  :'(

Guest TooSoon

Just sending more solidarity from another cancer widow with a kid who has learning challenges.  I have a friend who moved back here from Colorado (I live in PA) to be the caretaker for her sister while she died of cancer.  That friend and her two sons were life savers and a life-line for me while my husband was dying and in the very dark times when others abandoned ship after he died.  Her sister has now been gone for 8 months and she's falling apart and it is now my turn to play the role of friend and cushion for her.  My social circle has tightened over these last three years but I try to believe in these opportunities to come full circle - to give back the love that was given to us by the few who were strong enough to stand by us through even the ugliest days.  In that way I make sense of the injustice and unfairness of this life and try to make sense of the things out of our control.  Just sending more support. 

Guest nonesuch

My husband died from lung cancer.

On Friday, my former ballroom dance teacher became a dad for the first time. I emailed the man I took lessons with to tell him. He's starting hormone suppression for his prostate cancer, since neither surgery  ('08) nor radiation (2014) got it all.  He's only 63.  The outlook is not good.