Very proud of my boy!

Sugarbell

He's been living with my folks since Jan 25th. He's maintained straight As. He's in an 8th grade Math class. He has lots of friends...I met with his gifted teacher this week and the principal for his IEP and they said he's so like able and they have only heard good things about him. 40 kids conditioned and tried out for baseball team ...they took 18... he made it...he's not a starter...but he's improved so much and pitches some Varsity games and he's so supportive of his team mates.

He trains with my brother (whose like mentally ill..like a Jim Carrey character-but my son knows how to handle him....My brother is in perfect shape...just mentally a little off...but my son actually calms him down. He's grown 2 inches and lost 22 lbs since he left. I see him at least once a week but boy this has been a rough road of me. He's grown and flourished so much since getting out of Stepford.

He made National Jr Honor Society down there...it's very tough to get in as a 7th grader in my hometown. Ceremony is in 2 weeks.

He even has a "girlfriend"...who is a tall leggy brunette who runs track is in beauty pageants...but is also a 4h girl who raises pigs and cattle. It won't last long (hope not) but she's sweet and he's so much more confident now.

I pray my younger 2 adjust as well as he has. It was one of the best decisions I have made for him as his Mom sending him there a semester early.

I am just ready for the 4 of us to be back together everyday. I miss him..but I am happy and proud of him.💙

Guest TooSoon

I love this.  It gives me so much hope.  And I am happy for you, too!  xoxox

As well you should be proud, SB! This is great news to read. I'm glad your big change is starting out so well for you. I'll bet his positive experience will help your others with the transition as well. So glad to hear good things are happening for you!

Tight hugs...