Sexy Widow Saturday Night

This afternoon my daughters and I had an appointment at the salon. Our stylist was running behind so she cut mine for free. Not necessary, but nice! Then we went to an engagement party for a bit. When we got home I went to the gym.  We've just been relaxing, quiet night. I usually have Fridays to myself and the rest of the weekend with my daughters.

I am procrastinating on writing my last paper of the semester.  It is about policy making theories regarding funding of higher education in the US.  Is anyone more bored than I am?

Maureen

Maureen, I think you take the cake with the most boring subject matter to write about ;)

Missing Squish,

I hope the guys can chime in because we have tons of fun too.

I just finished giving the 3 schnauzers their hair cuts.  Yeaaaa, it's done

Chickens are put to bed ready to lay eggs tomorrow.

Showered up and ready for Deadliest Catch.  Hmmmmm

Sort of lacking someone to watch a chick flick with. :-[ 

Oh well,  maybe next Saturday Night?  Maybe?

Jeff1973

I was at a family Mother's Day picnic tonight. It was nice to be included. Then I came home and checked some of my son's schoolwork. Lit, so it was more enjoyable than other subjects I care less for at least. Best part of the night was talking on the phone with a friend. Now I am trying to talk myself into sleeping, which has become a big issue for me lately.

In my comfy clothes, relaxing after a wonderful Bago day getting ready to watch my traditional Saturday night Hallmark movie.  But I had such a wonderful day of friendship and laughter.  I'm keeping that feeling with me this evening and know I will sleep contently tonight.

I spent the evening with a friend who is kind of like one of us...just that he made the decision to leave his marriage before his wife took her own life.  We sat out several hours last night burning old records in a fire pit and having a good chat.  It was therapeutic for both of us...and they weren't even my papers.

Maureen

Spent the morning editing a friend's manuscript--  published author but wanted my take on the horse/unicorn scene (I do historical equestrian martial stuff).  Then in the afternoon, did some jousting practice.  Pony was good for me, which should have made me happy (she was bucking down the lane last week for some unknown chestnut mare reason).

But I felt just...empty.  My jousting buddy went home to her family.  I was desperate enough for company, I guess, so I asked her if the clan wanted to go out for a movie or something.  But they had their married with kids Saturday planned out, as people do.

So I went to the movie myself, went off Paleo with a big bag of popcorn.  I guess it was enjoyable.  I think I laughed a couple of times.  But mostly I stole popcorn from someone who wasn't there.

Five years last Wednesday.  You think I'd have it together by now.  I think my life looks pretty good from the Outside.  Living on the inside, I know I cried myself to sleep and woke up with a serious carb and salt hangover.

Here we are back to another Sexy Widow Saturday night!  My sexy night?  Dancing around my kitchen to Pandora music while cooking dinner at 8 PM! Where did the day go??  I will be settling into the recliner in another hour to watch a new Hallmark movie that's on. I don't know why I watch these--always the same story line and same ending. I guess it's an escape until it ends and it's time to go to bed...alone again...

Guest TooSoon

Just got home from a two week research trip with my students tonight - it is currently 8:30 pm EST and 2:30 am on the time zone I've been in for the past two weeks.  Hung out with my kiddo, made dinner, and got her in bed.  Watching GIRLS now, opening the mail and struggling to make it to a respectable 10 pm to minimize a potential prolonged jet lag situation.  Sexy is definitively NOT what is going on at my house right now. 

Guest April

Sitting home with three of my kids and three of my nieces (12, 11, 10, 10, 8 and 3).. waiting for my almost 19 year old to get home and open his birthday present (23rd is his birthday)! A bearded dragon!! I've been anxious for him to get home all day!!  :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, pink-haired Kate!

Crazy?  Oh, I wish.  I went through some of the things that John had in his shop.  His friend Paul came by and is going to take much of it for the Maker Space at the university.  I hauled more stuff off to Goodwill, and more stuff went to the trash, too.

I didn't cry today...just teared up a little when his friend Paul and I talked about him and all they had done together.  John and Paul used to play handball together.  I gave John's handball gloves to Paul, and he got a little choked up himself.  He also took John's Level 1 high power rocket, his favorite style, as they had spent a lot of time teaching rocketry together.

Tomorrow, I will go through tools with my friend Steve.  My BIL comes in 2 weeks, and I have made good headway with going through stuff before he gets here. 

So...just how sexy is that?

Maureen

Saturday I took my three daughters out to celebrate my youngest daughter's birthday. Actually, we celebrated all weekend.  Friday she had her best friend over. Saturday we went to see Alice Through the Looking Glass, to Red Robin for dinner, and shopping. She got a new bike along with safety gear. Then Sunday, her actual birthday, we had family over for a Mexican buffet and cupcakes. It was a lot of fun!

Birthdays are bittersweet. This was her 3rd without her daddy. I cried Saturday night, but Sunday was tough too. Seeing all of the men in our family taking turns teaching her how to ride her bike was touching, yet heartbreaking. Her dad was teaching her before he got sick. She hasn't wanted to learn. That's one of the main reasons why I bought her a new bike.

I just can't imagine birthdays getting any easier.

• 2 weeks later...

We celebrated my grandmother's 90th birthday today. It was fun seeing the extended family.

Last night I had the evening to myself, but no plans. It was a really down evening for me. It usually is if I don't make plans for myself.  To much time to sit and think!! Maybe that's what I needed though.