You know what sucks?

Being sick and having no one to pamper and comfort you. I've acquired some virus that has me feeling lousy. I miss my husband, who would joke about how sexy my voice sounded even though it was really craggy, who brought me frozen fruit bars for my sore throat, and rubbed my aching body. Yesterday, despite the school runs and errands I had to run because it is just me to do it, I was pretty much in bed all day. The loneliness made me feel even more miserable.

Please share what sucks for you right now, so I don't feel like such a lonely whiner.

oh really what doesn't suck in this widda world

I was sick last week and felt just like you

MyDon would've tucked me on the couch and made me dinner

I miss the phone call, if he had to go to work ,to see how I was doing ...I miss all the phone calls

I miss the look on his face of really caring , and the kiss on the forehead

you are not whining , this just sucks

hope your feeling better

It sucks that it is graduation season and John isn't here in his element. 

It sucks that my summer project is going to be sifting through John's stuff and his late wife's stuff and getting rid of most of it.

It sucks that the future I had hoped for has died, because it would have been awesome.

It sucks that I will have spent 3+ years trying to figure out what comes next in life...when I could have been enjoying the life I had been rebuilding after my first loss.

I just hope that the life ahead of me will be happy.  I'm tired of limbo and trying to make the best of a life filled with loss.

Maureen

It sucks that I forgot the get milk when I was at the grocery store and there was no one to call and ask to pick it up on his way home from work.

It sucks that I have to get the oil changed, a recall done and a minor fix (that could take forever) and he's not here to drop the car off with me so I'm not stuck at the dealership forever.

It really sucks that he's not here to have the "sex" talk with my 13 year old son.

It sucks that my lawnmower is out of gas and so is the can to fill it and I've never filled one before. 

It sucks that my DD is doing a biology unit, dissecting a frog and my Dad the veterinarian just died, and she came home from school and said "really wish I could have talked to Papa about this!"

This just sucks!

It sucks that my nanny has been off (car accident) so I have been trying to juggle a million more things than usual as well as manage temporary childcare.

It sucks that my sadiversary is in 4 days. Where did the time go ?

It sucks that my son keeps asking about his Dad (as he is growing up).

It sucks that I, as a single parent, stand out like a sore thumb in the small town I live in - where everyone is 2 parent families with multiple kids.

It sucks that we just went on a family reunion holiday and everybody missed my husband too. I kept thinking how much he would have loved Mackinaw Island.

It sucks that for some reason I am grieving the loss of my husband but also the loss of my ex as well as a few of my friends. It sucks when people just disappear.

It sucks that more young widows have to keep joining our ranks.

Guest April

The loneliness does suck.. not having someone to say.. "please be careful on your way home".. or someone to tell you how beautiful you are even though your body has been through childbirth 4 times.. or someone to share in the ups and downs of raising children.. no one to be as excited as you care about your childrens accomplishments..  it sucks having to do all the "guy" stuff.. like replacing the garbage disposal (I did yesterday!!  I was proud of myself :D .. but then the dishwasher went..UGH!! have to call a repairman for this one)

I am grateful for the good times we did spent together.. our children.. the financial security he left us.. it could be so much worse.. he's never not on my mind.