unhappy anniversary

Guest jonesandjenn19781979

Guest jonesandjenn19781979

So this Saturday is our anniversary. I have been super emotional this week and I don't know if it's because I know what this weekend represents? Just the idea of waking up Saturday knowing I'm alone and that my anniversary will be me standing at a grave where my sweet man is buried just breaks me. We were that couple that people always commented about; the "how long have you been together because you look like yu have always been together." He was a beautiful soul and I worshipped the ground he walked on. I'm not at a place where I am able to focus on the positives because everything is still so fresh.  I miss him. My heart misses.

These days are hard, and sometimes the days leading up to important dates are very hard. Know that as painful as it is, you will get through it. We all have. Some people find it helpful to do something to commemorate anniversaries and birthdays. Sometimes, it's helpful to just have something to do. I have two sets of dates now. As hard as they are, they do get easier over time. 

Hugs,

Maureen

I found it helpful to have a dinner with special people. Do what you feel will help you get through this day, the events before and after.  Remembering the special times has helped for me to continue our anniversary.  For us it was the most special day we celebrated, I want that to be what I remember. 

Wishing you peace on this very sad anniversary. 

Amor

• 2 weeks later...

How did it go? What did you decide to do? My anniversary is coming up next month and whenever I think about it, I feel the wave of sadness come over me. The positive news for me is it falls on a weekday and I can preoccupy myself by baking cookies for music boosters at the football game all night just to make me tired.

• 2 weeks later...

I just had my first anniversary without my DH yesterday (Sept. 6).  I scheduled myself to work that day, thinking it was best to be "occupied". As the day got closer, I realized there was NO WAY I could be at work, & was able to rearrange my schedule.  I took the long weekend and went to a place I've never been, rented a small cottage for just me and my 2 dogs.  Did some knitting, reading, sewing, took walks on the beach, drank a lot of wine, even got up in time to watch the sunrise over the Atlantic (also a first). 

I found it very therapeutic to be alone, not taking phone calls, just having new, first-time experiences.  For someone else, that may be the worst thing to do, but getting away from our house & all the painful ...but sweet... memories helped me through the day/weekend.

what a beautiful picture of you and Clint

these days are so hard ,I so wish there weren't 

how was your day ?

I also took my dog and headed to the lake for the weekend

I just needed to unplug

I agree not the best for everyone but you do whatever you need to get through the day

take care and hope you are doing ok

• 2 weeks later...