Four years ago today

Guest TooSoon

Guest TooSoon

Four years ago today I heard the words, "Glioblastoma Multiforme IV" for the first time.  I had no idea what those words meant but I could tell from the neurosurgeon's face that I did not want to know. 

We had a snow storm today that rendered us at home.  I took my daughter to the grocery store early and got all teary but couldn't figure out why.  Later today I realized it was March 20th.  Funny how our subconscious seem to hold sway over us. Four years.  So much has happened.  It is so hard to believe sometimes everything that happened, everything I soldiered through.  But here we are.  Happy, if disorganized and disoriented a lot of the time, but always a work in progress yet still standing. 

I am so hopeful.  There was a time I couldnt get out of bed for days on end.  It feels good to look back and recognize that while it is surely different and wildly unpredictable and certainly imperfect, it isn't miserable any longer.  And you know what?  I'm going to take credit for that.  I made that happen!  We're all making it happen.  Thanks for letting me let that out.  Best here, as no one else wants to hear it or could understand.  Here's to us, oxoxo

I am so hopeful.  There was a time I couldnt get out of bed for days on end.  It feels good to look back and recognize that while it is surely different and wildly unpredictable and certainly imperfect, it isn't miserable any longer.  And you know what?  I'm going to take credit for that.  I made that happen! 

((TooSoon))

I heard you and am standing with you in solidarity.

May peace and serenity be yours!

dandelion_seeds_being_blown.jpg

Dry seeds scatter from my hand into the wind.

One clings, as if to say:

"There is in me something yet to be!"

~~ Jeanne Emrich

ATJ

emoticon-0152-heart.png

• 4 weeks later...
I am so hopeful.  There was a time I couldnt get out of bed for days on end.  It feels good to look back and recognize that while it is surely different and wildly unpredictable and certainly imperfect, it isn't miserable any longer.  And you know what?  I'm going to take credit for that.  I made that happen!  We're all making it happen.  Thanks for letting me let that out.  Best here, as no one else wants to hear it or could understand.  Here's to us, oxoxo

Yes!  In the beginning, I didn't feel that the sadness was survivable, that I Could Not live in a world without him.  I didn't want to, and yet I have, and, like all of you, am doing a da&# good job!  To us!  We're bad@$$es.