Introducing Myself

Hi everyone

I lost my husband 4th Jan 2017 to rectal cancer (age 42). He was only diagnosed in May 2016 and immediately started chemo whilst we were living in the USA. once he finished his 12th round we flew home to Uk to be with friends and family as we were advised he may only have at best 2-3 years. Well almost as soon as we arrived home and settled & I started a new job he became unwell. He was hospitalised for 9 days and then finally sent home on 16th Dec and told to put his affairs in order. We even had to bring xmas forward just in case. We have 2 children (10 yrs & 8 yrs). He managed to pull through xmas & new year and died shortly after in our local hospice on the Wednesday. Due to the newness of my job I was back at work the following Monday on reduced hours. That's the thing with young kids you don't want their life to be any more affected that it already is so it forces you to be strong and push on!

Anyway just wanted to say hi.

Katie (age 38)

Hi Katie,

So sorry for your loss. Yes your top most priority should be kids. Take one day at a time and hopefully things will be little better. It sucks to be part of this club but really not in our hands. I lost my wife age 43 back in end of August and as was away for almost 1 month as she was in hospital so had to start work soon after cremination and other religious stuff was done and as kids started school soon too.

Hugs

Manoj

Hugs Katie. Sorry for your loss. Yes, those with us with kids are fortunate because we can focus our attention and energy on them. We are here for you for anything you might need, to vent to us and us to simply listen. No one can understand what you are going through better than most of us.

Hi Katie,

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my husband to colon cancer. He was 39.

It will be vital to your children's medical history that they tell their doctor's how he died when they are older. The last I had heard, the screening protocol was 10 yrs earlier than the age of death of the first degree relative.

My late husband was 9 when his Dad died ofthe same disease at 36.

Right now, it's about one breath at a time. I am thinking of you and rooting for you. Feel free to PM me any time.

The pain lessens.

Much love,