getting it off my chest

Needytoo

In one month it will be four years my husband has left us.  During this time I have grieved, learned to open up, let go of anger and accept, enjoy life and develop new friendships. Then to go through anger again and let go of the friendship.  I don’t remember having periods of such anger before becoming a widow. It sure sucks the life out of you. So back into therapy and I think it is helping this time. 

Last night I thought I would watch some comedy, so I put on Rosie O’Donnell’s special that was on Netflix.  I was enjoying and laughing and then she started to talk about her Widow Maker Heart Attack.  I started to cry and couldn’t stop.  This morning I still feel very drained.  Today I get my results of my breast biopsy, and I am feeling lonely.  That part of comfort I use to have is gone. 

There's alot of stuff that takes so much more effort to slog thru after being widdowed. Oddly, some things I've gotten more patient with, but there's other stuff with which I now have absolutely zip-zero-zilch patience.

Coping with health and medical conditions was hard enough before, and extra tough now, especially if a person is the sole surviving parent, imo. Praying for good results, and peace and comfort for you while you wait to hear!

Man, those unexpected grief curveballs can be such a bitch; one minute you're feeling fine and dandy, then the next you're sobbing 'til you can't breath. I'm grateful they don't leave as much of a 'hangover' now as they used to.

As for the anger issues- I can certainly relate also! I consider it ironic that widowhood has unleashed so much fury in my heart since that was really the only issue in my marriage that brought me unhappiness- dh's horrid temper. I'm thankful it's been slowly burning down to more manageable levels over this past year.

Let us know how your doctor visit goes, please.

Thank you, everyone, for all your replies. The biopsy was negative, very relieved. 

Tomorrow, I am seeing a new therapist for cognitive behavioral therapy. Hopefully, I find this therapy helpful.  I don't want to be someone who doesn't feel, but this deep anger stuff needs to stop. 

Awesome news!  Huh-- I always thought the anger was more of a guy thing.  You know: "Women cry, men curse". Guess some things are universal to the human condition.  For me, I worked through it mostly with time and realizing that sometimes I just needed to not be around people.  If my tolerance was low, it was better for friendships if I just had alone time instead.  Exercise helps. 

Oh no Quixote, anger can definitely be a woman issue as well.  Sometimes we don't voice our anger we just feel it in ever cell in our body and it sucks dry. 

Saw the therapist today, she doesn't think I have an anger issue. Well, it was worth a try.

Great news about the biopsy results but still a rough time waiting for the results

Oh yes I get the anger issues ,

You should hear the swearing in my car over the dumbest things

that is when I check myself and say ..yup someone needs to work on her anger issue

I am trying to figure out an outlet for it, before it goes inward

take care 

I have gone so many therapists in the last four years.  Maybe I just don't appear upset enough?  Most of my anger is towards a guy I hired to do some work around the house.  He was recommended by a friend and his work was horrible.  I am suing him, but I have what I call "Dexter thoughts", and just like you canadagirl it goes from 0-60 in 3 seconds.  I am tired of it, consuming my thoughts.