Who would have thought?

Sugarbell

A old high school friend had been bugging me to let her set me up with a guy she works with.

He was a year younger than me in school...I didn't really know him or remembered much about him.

I finally agreed after she asked me the third time. Pleasantly surprised super nice and super good looking guy.

And actually....it's the first time since I started dating DH years ago...that we are taking it just as friends...just like we did (DH and I worked together)

We talk nightly...our "dates" have been working out at the gym together with our kids (he has 15 year old daughter)...Taking his daughters dogs for walks at a local park...all of us (kids too) going out to eat. Definite chemistry...hands down he's my type...I get along great with his daughter...my kids like what they have seen of him. It just easily "fits". Something about knowing where the other person is coming from makes this so easy. We haven't kissed-nothing. Just becoming good friends right now which is exactly what DH and I did in our early stages of dating.

It's weird...it's so wholesome...but so refreshing compared to some of my previous messes over the past 9 years.

I have no bad vibes (and it seems I've always gotten bad vibes since dating as a widow-i just ignore them drag it out and then it eventually ends)

Funny what going back to your roots does to you.

Super!!!! This is the MO that led me to the best forever relationship I could ever have imagined.  One word jumped out of your post. Wholesome.  Granted I am not one to go fast and physical with friendships/relationships/dating. 

When children are involved, I think this approach to getting to know and LIKE one another supersedes all the chemistry and physical attraction that creates so many messes.  I'm happy for you and enjoy.

Blessings.

Guest TooSoon

Great news!  As you know, huge proponent over here of taking it slowly and really getting to know someone first.  By the time I even met Andy, I felt like I had known him - and even grown to love him - for years.  Glad to hear your enjoying yourself and the kids are, too.  xx

• 2 weeks later...

Its going good...His daughter and I really get along (she's in the color guard in band and dance)--My kids really like him. I usually have a hard time finding my "type"--I like the taller, muscular dark haired guys.

That's him..Plus preppy glasses to add to it. And he's no nice. He's done odd jobs for me around the house, Mr Fix It type.

He's country...its the thing I wanted away from so much when I left home 25 years ago. Land, Horses, farm animals..Its definitely different from "Stepford"--but yet also comforting because he has roots. He works in the "City" about 30 miles away. Not a player. Just a solid good guy. Not fancy, southern twang (which everyone here has...I worked for years to get rid of mine when we moved to Stepford years ago)

No..it's not perfect..But nothing is..But lots of potential. The fact that he makes me laugh, is a great Dad, is a family guy...And is physically my type...well we have definite chemistry.

I know his ex wife..No not great friends with her..haven't seen her in years. I checked around with my close friends here in town..They all confirm he's a solid great guy and his wife went wild and cheated numerous times until they finally got divorced 2 years ago. She doesn't know we are seeing each other. He wants to be very open about it..I am still cautious cause I don't like drama (and everyone says she's like nuts now--that is one downfall )_

I guess only time will tell. We have kissed but that's it..which is really nice!